Notices

Testing Tuesday 😫

Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Testing Tuesday 😫

Starting to feel the crash coming on, every thought is consumed by "you'll be alright" or you've come this far so u don't have a "problem" 😨😨😨 that chat is doing my nut in. These weeks ahead are gonna be a challenge that's for sure.
The reasoning in my head.......the arguments in my head are exhausting. Fighting with having rational thoughts verses irrational thoughts 👿👿.
On the plus side I've enrolled in college to do an English course, to keep me busy.
Little steps...........
Sleep wasn't my friend last night..........
But I gotta stay focused, gotta picture the end goal, gotta just push through, these feeling WILL subside.
Over an out 🙏
Old 01-08-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
The reasoning in my head.......the arguments in my head are exhausting. Fighting with having rational thoughts verses irrational thoughts 👿👿.
You can't argue with your addiction. There is no argument. You don't drink. Period. Right?

So no argument, no discussion.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Doris47, I so know what you are sharing. I'm off work today and the irrational thought started almost immediately. Using the you're old and screwed your life up already... Well, I've still got time to feel good and present for myself and others.
It is a hard fight, but we don't drink anymore.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doris, no need to engage with those thoughts.
have you checked out the AVRT threads in the secular forums farther down? great stuff there about just this.
it's quite doable to have these silly thoughts without fighting with them, arguing with them, considering them or acting on them.
see if you can separate from them....kinda like watching yourself from a few feet away: "oh look, there is Doris having irrational thoughts! they can be so annoying! look how she is spinning with them, as if they were important. poor Doris....well, they will pass, and meanwhile i have stuff to do!"
i used to do that kind of stuff and still find it useful in other situations where i am experiencing tumultuous thoughts/feelings.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Doris. It's good that you acknowledged what's going on - kind of takes the sting out of it when we share. Yes, the anxiety will subside. You are doing this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nez

My of my favorite quotes that I revisit again and again when I start struggling with the non-stop hamster wheel in my cranium.
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
Shunryu Suzuki