Notices

Not today Satan 😜

Old 01-07-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not today Satan 😜

So monday, where to start............ that screaming voice inside has been on full volume today😨😨..... took a lot to shut it up, I can tell you. Had the boring task of the weekly shop= dodging the wine isle was a real struggle, to the point of "do I abandon my shopping an run?" I was having a full blown argument in my head 😜. I'm happy to say I won😃. Work kids bills enough to drive anyone crazy 😀. So what did I do??????? Got my cooking on, I've now made 2 currys, 2 lots of Spanish chicken, meat balls in a tomato sauce, oh an a spag bol😝😝 all for the freezer. Gotta keep busy, I'm going to rely on an early bath, so I have to wrap my hair in a towel,put my pjs on so i have time to talk myself out of jumping in the car. Anything to distract myself.
So as i said in the title
" not today Satan" I've goals to smash 🙏🙏😀 x
Old 01-07-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Excellent job, Doris.

You did good!!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Really pleased for you!

I know that awful wine aisle argument in the head. It's very tough. So glad you beat it

CC
Old 01-07-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doris, what a great post! I was drawn in by the title, and I really respect that you have decided NO is the only answer to Satan today!

Well done!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Doris that is brilliant because then moments are the most difficult. The fact you have overcome that once is incredible.
When I get sober will you invite me over for tea, that sounds lovely :p lol
Old 01-07-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lonewolf22 absolutely 😀😝 I have a feeling I'm gonna have enough to feed an army soon 😀 currently sitting with a towel wrapped around my head, an get this a GLASS OF MILK 😇😇.
I have to deal with my journey with humour,my coping mechanism, I could sit an tell tales of woe, but that serves nothing (not to me anyway) I'm not on that train, I'm on the positivity train. It just my way 😀🙏
Old 01-07-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You did great Doris. Keep it up. I celebrated a year sober on the 4th January..wine isle doesn't bother me now and I was a two bottle a night girl...some nights could even have opened a 3rd but would black out shortly after. Drag myself to bed, drag my clothes off and then pass out till about 3am when my heart would be racing and I couldn't get back to sleep...most morning's I felt lousy, headaches and carb loading to try and pull myself together. Now I go to bed at around 9·30, clean my teeth and sleep beautifully till morning. I wake up refreshed and without guilt or shame. The recycling is normal and I don't spend a fortune on wasting my life. At about 6 weeks sober I remember a clear shift in my thinking whereby suddenly my thoughts became more organized and I realised I was coping with my life so much better...I was getting some control back. Now (for about the last 7 weeks ) I've started at the gym and visit 3 times a week. I love LOVE my life now. Never been happier. This journey Doris is difficult to start but please rest assured there is a great big pot at the end of the rainbow an your life is sitting right inside it. I wish you all the very best. Stay close to this wonderful site and lean into us when you need support. Cravings come but they also go and they get further apart....just play the loop "one glass WILL lead to two, then half a bottle...and then the bottle will be gone and another one will be shouting your name and another wasted day....we have a switch not a dial. Stay strong...Stay sober. Much love. Xxx
Old 01-07-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Doris

D
Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome job, Doris!

I've seen a shirt in pictures with the same quote "Not Today Satan" worn by Duff McKagan of Guns N' Roses (he's been sober for 24+ years now)
Old 01-09-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love the tag line, "not today Satan!" It makes me think of a quote I love:
Be so positively positive that even the Devil shudders when you get up.

And the pjs and get in bed thing is always a great thing for me too

(My cooking is usually what we call brownie pile- one day I messed up the brownie recipe about three diff ways and it come out looking really weird and not-cuttable - so we decided to scrape it all onto a plate, tried them and they were delicious! Hence, brownie pile was born and I pretty much make my personalized recipe every time )
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

NOT TODAY SATAN 😂 I love that
Old 01-09-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Love NOT TODAY, SATAN! That needs to be someone's user name.

Good for you for resisting the wine. In the very early days of sobriety, every time I saw alcohol, I would avert my eyes, and/or say "NO" out loud. Whatever it takes, right?!