Notices

Starting my new life

Old 01-06-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting my new life

so i have been on here before my ah tried giving up once before but it didnt go well so over the new years break we got into a huge fight that went further then it ever had before it to the point where i called the cops on him and he did on me. since our big fight that nearly ended our marriage he has been going to aa meeting and hasnt touch any drink in now 4 days its been hard to be like we were be have always been an affectate couple but its been hard for me to go back to being like that. ive told him that i just need more time and he says he understands but he wants us to be like how we were before but im finding it hard to do i do love him very much otherwise i wouldnt be here just feeling a bit lost
Old 01-06-2019, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back jyfd

I think every alcoholic in early recovery wants to make things right - but sometimes a little time is needed for both parties.

Maybe you can put his mind to rest by saying something like you're not intending to go anywhere, but you need a little more time to process what went on?

D
Old 01-06-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I think Dee's suggestion is good. Just have a good talk with him and let him know you've got some adjusting to do and need to figure out where you are at. I hope you can find some peace of mind.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have told him that I need a lil bit of time and he says he understands but he is just used to us being so psychical all the time i have only slept next to him twice since this all happened and that took a lot for me to do I just didn’t feel comfortable in the same bed as him at first he said he couldn’t understand why I just couldn’t move on from this I explained that what he did was very damaging and it would take time he says he understands but I’m not sure if he really does