Notices

A story about how 2 alcoholics ...

Old 12-29-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A story about how 2 alcoholics ...

I am sharing this for my own recollection, and for others. It demonstrates how destructive alcohol really is and although I've never got to this point as an alcoholic it's scary to think that in a few more years it could have easily been me.

My partner is in her early 30's, and she has a good friend in her late 50's. Her friend has a partner who is an alcoholic. He has a son who is 35 also an alcoholic. They live together.

They're both terrible alcoholics and it's painful to watch them abuse my partners friend like this. It's not my place to say anything to her but their actions are disgusting and can not be excused by alcohol.

My partner does some paid cleaning for her friend as her friend has mobility issues. Her friend asked my partner:

Can you go around to my partners house and clean his house if he pays you? They have a guest flying from Europe and the house needs to be clean.
Their house is beyond a state. There's plates and dirty washing everywhere. Pig sty. I wouldn't even let a dog live in that mess. I've seen cleaner crack dens put it that way.

My partner called me to tell me we'd be getting some money for her doing that job. My foot had to come down. I asked her to please decline.

My reasons were:

1. These are 2 grown adults with no mobility issues
2. He and his son treat your friend like garbage

My partner actually agreed with me and told her friend I was unhappy because of how they abuse her. Her friend said "I can't argue with that".

So moving forward Christmas happened and my partners friend invited her partner and son over. They both spent the day sat in the sofa getting wasted.

My partner's friend's daughter was sat on the sofa and she said "Oh you're very boney". The girl is 10. So the guys son turns around and says "How would you like it if I called you a fat ****?".

My partners friend gave them both £20 for Christmas as a gift. They both went straight to the shop to buy alcohol with it.

The son has had a girl fly over from Europe to spend a week with him. She's unfortunately left sat in their disgusting house, alone, while the son drinks in his room alone. He's had her pay for his alcohol and she's the one that spent a lot of money on a flight to see him.

She wants to go home but can't until her flight is due.

All of this caused by an addiction to alcohol and manipulative behaviors to get what they want. Alcohol.

I am so glad I am sober now. The painful part about this is her friend can not see this and she will keep on taking him back however much he hurts her.