Notices

Mantra for resentments in 2019

Old 12-24-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Mantra for resentments in 2019

Today I have been sober for 6 months and 13 days. I am really proud to say that and being proud of myself was something that alcohol took away from me for so long. I don't wake up feeling sick, guilty and ashamed. I haven't had one argument, sent any text messages I regret, no strange bruises I can't explain, no new wine stains on the carpet, lost 20lbs and I can remember every single day. Some great days and some not so great days but I was present for all of them and being present on those not so great days gave me the greatest opportunity to grow.

I found the below whilst browsing the net and something I need to work on in 2019. These 6 months have been all about getting a good routine, dealing with cravings, sitting with uncomfirtable emotions but I do still have a lot of work to do on resentments. I still find myself getting twisted inside when I think about things that have happened in the past, although not to the depths I used to but it is still there.

If you owe me - Don't worry about it
If you wronged me - It's all good
If you're beefing with me - You won
If we aren't speaking - It's cool. Be safe and I still wish you well
If you are talking about me - Thanks for the advertisement
If you don't deal with me - Continue not to
If you don't like me - I don't care
If you left me hanging - Don't pick me up
If you feel I wronged you - I apologise
In all things, I forgive you and myself!

For all those struggling or just starting out on your journey please stick with it. Things do get better and you will not regret your decision. Treat yourselves with respect, love yourselves and stay strong!

Merry Xmas and all the best for 2019 xx
Old 12-24-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Love this post just what I needed to hear thank you!
Old 12-24-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great stuff Manta - congrats on 6 months - Merry Xmas!

D
Old 12-24-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post MantaLady, I really like it.

Congratulations on your sober time, that's amazing

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year
Old 12-24-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aw166

I read a thing recently that said "today's entitlements are tomorrow's resentments". Made a lot of sense - keep working hard at what we are doing, stay sober today, and tomorrow will be ok. Remember life is about earning the good things. Patience.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wonderful post Manta!

Congrats!!
Old 12-24-2018, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good stuff! Thanks for posting. I can't carry resentments - they can and do get me to drink. Very good thing for me to read tonight.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Beautiful post. Thank you
Old 12-25-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Build grace.

"l encourage (people) to adopt an advanced form of forgiveness, what I call grace," Harris says.

"To practice grace is to prepackage forgiveness and set it on the shelf, in anticipation of a future hurtful action from someone who matters to you: a spouse, partner, child, parent or co- worker. When we've already forgiven others for future offenses, we bypass the formation of grudges altogether."
12 Steps to Let Go of a Grudge; It's time to get unstuck.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Today I have been sober for 6 months and 13 days. I am really proud to say that and being proud of myself was something that alcohol took away from me for so long. I don't wake up feeling sick, guilty and ashamed. I haven't had one argument, sent any text messages I regret, no strange bruises I can't explain, no new wine stains on the carpet, lost 20lbs and I can remember every single day. Some great days and some not so great days but I was present for all of them and being present on those not so great days gave me the greatest opportunity to grow.

I found the below whilst browsing the net and something I need to work on in 2019. These 6 months have been all about getting a good routine, dealing with cravings, sitting with uncomfirtable emotions but I do still have a lot of work to do on resentments. I still find myself getting twisted inside when I think about things that have happened in the past, although not to the depths I used to but it is still there.

If you owe me - Don't worry about it
If you wronged me - It's all good
If you're beefing with me - You won
If we aren't speaking - It's cool. Be safe and I still wish you well
If you are talking about me - Thanks for the advertisement
If you don't deal with me - Continue not to
If you don't like me - I don't care
If you left me hanging - Don't pick me up
If you feel I wronged you - I apologise
In all things, I forgive you and myself!

For all those struggling or just starting out on your journey please stick with it. Things do get better and you will not regret your decision. Treat yourselves with respect, love yourselves and stay strong!

Merry Xmas and all the best for 2019 xx
Another post that gave me goosebumps. I am defiantly printing those mantras and sticking them on my wall in frame!
Old 12-25-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I love to see the ways people frame stuff like dealing with resentments so that it works for them. The language that resonates, how we start talking to ourselves and what we say when stuff like the things listed comes up in life...awesome stuff.

For me, when the BB talks about "when I am disturbed..." I need to look at me not the other person. That helps me because when I look at what they are doing or they are saying or THEY are....resentments are just one of the things I create and foster!

Love that we can think ahead to how we want to keep improving how we live our sober lives, with a new year starting.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Great post and reminder about resentments, thank you MantaLady!! Congratulations on your 6 months & 14 days!
Old 12-25-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

👏🏻 great post. Night all x
Old 12-25-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mantra on your 6 months and merry Christmas.