Notices

Nearly Christmas.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here and now

Nearly Christmas.

I can hear the little AV telling me to enjoy myself at our family Christmas party tomorrow, but I am catching it and dismissing it for what it is. I will be going to a meeting before hand if I can find one, to bolster and keep my mind focused on that.

After that my plan is really exercise(something I've neglected outside of work, and that use to be a huge stress reliever for me.) I am also going to find groups and meet ups to start to meet new people around my area. I need to make a new circle of friends.

Wish me luck!
Old 12-22-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you have some good plans there, Ekohe.
i'd like to suggest some thinking about language, and reality. of course you should enjoy yourself at your family christmas...why is "enjoy" tied to drinking and AV? and i don't know about you, but by the time i quit, i certainly was not enjoying the drink; in fact i hated it, hated that it had me chained, hated how tortured i was...no, no enjoyment there.
if any of that seems so for you, too, maybe revisit the concept of what is actually enjoyable.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you got a solid plan in place. Every time I sit down to relax I open my laptop to go to this site. I have had some really brutal Christmases thanks to my drinking so I do find this time of year tricky.
This will be my first sober Christmas in over 15 years. It really helps to read peoples posts and how they are dealing with this time of year.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ekohe - I finally realized it no longer is the 'fun' we once thought it was. It now brings us only misery and regret. Took me decades to admit it! I know you'll be fine. Proud of you.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Here and now

Damn, I didn't even realize that I wrote it in that way. What a revelation, and a shock that it came so naturally.

You are all absolutely right, it has not been fun for quite a number of years now.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy yourself Ekohe - in the real sense of the word

D
Old 12-23-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you can do it!

sober.