Notices

Failed

Old 12-22-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Failed

fauked again. I’m hopeless and pathetic. Couldn’t overcome the urge. Useless pathetic wonan I am. Drunk text as well being horrible. Feel sick can’t sit still heart oalpatations and no I will not go to er no way. Sit it out I’m so pathetic and horrible I’m dirty to be here asking for support again
Old 12-22-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alcoholic has a drink - hardly headline material Neither is it a reason to feel 'Useless and pathetic'
Sweetheart - the amount of times I caved in are unreal - I got there in the end and so will you and you know how I know this? I know this because you are right here posting.
Yeah some of that will be ' I'll post to let people see what I failure I am' - been there even ATE the t-shirt, bottom line is you ARE here and well done for that and for being honest
You got this...maybe not today..but you got this babe
Hugs Xx
Old 12-22-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Tha k you for words have tried for so long so this every couple weeks . I can’t bear the things iv said in text messages scared of consequences now god I hate me
Old 12-22-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Failure is our greatest teacher. You are here which means you wish for the cycle to end. Burn this memory of how you feel right now into your conscience. Think of it every time you have an urge to drink. Add the tools that have been suggested to you to overcome the urges. Fill the voids in your day. Be proactive.

Ask yourself, "am I DONE?"

Like Zanna mentioned, very few have gotten this thing on the first try. Use the anger you feel to put a plan into action. Your cheerleaders are right here.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey we've all been there and all done it - the amount of times my keyboard was red hot with 'mass delete' on facebook - well you woudn't believe
Relax sweetheart - people who care will understand and those that don't - well were they worth knowing in the first place?
You are going to be hyper sensitive right now if you're just coming off ' a session' shall we say - you'll be fine babe, honestly
Have a think about how you can prevent it happening again - baby steps but well done facing up to knowing you have a problem.
Z Xxx
Old 12-22-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Obviously I don't know what you've said in texts etc but hey - life goes on - I guess you could apologise and those worth knowing would understand and those that don't - well bin em off You don't need that kind of negativity in your life yeah ? x
Old 12-22-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went through this one year, right around the holidays. drunk texting to family, friends, co-workers....OMG, the horror I felt the next day.

However, those people who care about me simply asked "Are you okay"? and those others....they just told me they got a strange text from me.

The only person who knew I was drinking was my son, he has seen the picture show before. I had to apologize a lot to him...

The others, I told them that I was in a really bad place. Stressed out, full of anxiety, your typical holiday stuff. They bought it and moved on.

I hope this helps, we make a much bigger deal out of it than need be. You can get past this. Snuggle up and rest, tomorrow will be brighter.

WF
Old 12-22-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and you should never feel bad about coming here for support. If people only came here when they've successfully quit, the boards would be pretty quiet... I couldn't quit without help and I had plenty of awful, morning after posts, too.

Alcohol opens the door for us to do things we regret. Yet another reason to pursue sobriety.

Let this be your last morning like this. I hope you'll pursue sobriety with everything you have. Don't give up. And very few of us have gotten sober on the first try. We understand.

Very glad you're here and please don't give up. Keep moving forward. You can do this.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi

I feel your pain I know exactly what it's like to wake up hung over agonising over drunk texting the night before.

Dont drink for the rest of the day and I promise you will feel better tomorrow.

Maybe you can can block the numbers you texted. At the end of the day texting while drunk is not the crime of the century. Try to put it in perspective there are people dying of cancer today who would trade that for a few drunken texts any day of the week.

Use this as a motivation to get sober!
Old 12-22-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey eve. I've stood in your shoes and felt this pain and anxiety too. Take care of yourself. You can stop the cycle. You are stronger than you realize and you ARE worth the effort it will take. Hugs and prayers for you.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Been trying for 5 years even been inpatient and got Year. I’m a failure
Old 12-22-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're not a failure at all. I tried for ten years to quit.
Just look at it as a set back. So you lost a battle but you haven't lost the war.
You've got another chance today.
We all do.

Best to you.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You're not a failure. Addiction can be hard to beat, but not impossible. One thing that helped me was to not only keep trying--but to keep adding to what I was doing.

I did outpatient, but would go get a bottle of vodka after the sessions. Yeah, not helpful. My counselor was fed up with me. Some friends confided they were dreading the phone call that I was going to be found dead. I get how hard this can be.

But there is hope. Don't give up. You can get sober. You're here and that means a lot. There is a part of you that wants to keep fighting. Listen to that voice.

Take care.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Eve
This is not an easy time of year. I remember calling people so drunk I could hardly form my words. These people did not know that I had a drinking problem so they had no idea what was going on. It is so hard when we sober up and realize what we have done. But these are the cards we have been dealt and we are here to support each other because we completely understand this very difficult process. One minute at a time.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Eve - not a failure, not even close. Failures give up, don't reach out, and stop trying. We aren't giving up on you, ever.
I agree with Finalround. It was the regret & remorse that finally led me to get free almost 11 yrs. ago. I was exhausted and miserable from all the drama & chaos. You can and will do this.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I can’t cope my anxiety is off scale I think this illness will be the end of me why why why do I keep on doing it again everybody hate me I’m sure I wouldn’t have support of familiy now because they know what iv been through and would be disgusted if the found out I drank again they think I’m in long term recovery and I’m not. I hate myself I can’t cope please please help
Old 12-22-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Can’t live like this anymore I’m such a pathetic human
Old 12-22-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Eve,

You're not pathetic. You're not a failure. You're in the grips of addiction and you're suffering, but please don't hate yourself for it. Hate the addiction, yes, if you need to, but please have compassion for yourself.

Anxiety is awful. I've had terrible, terrible anxiety attacks, especially after drinking. Can you do something to calm yourself? Drink a hot chocolate or herbal tea? Maybe post in some of the lighter forums? I don't know if you go to AA, but if you do, go to a meeting and talk to people? I cried my eyes out at many meetings, which was a relief.

Take a few deep breaths. Go to the doctor if you're really worried.

Get through today and you'll be headed in the right direction.
Keep posting, please. You're among friends here.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eve, you are not a failure. You are here, right. You are working on your recovery. You will make things worse for yourself if you continue to beat up on yourself. Give yourself some kindness at this moment. And, then sit down and make a plan that will work for you.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Eve

i hope ole your feeling better. Please get through today the anxiety will pass I promise.