Notices

Having revision knee surgery tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Having revision knee surgery tomorrow.

In November I made my first appointment with Rothman Institute x-rays were taken of my bad knee replacement and there was much more significant damage than anticipated. Little did I know all these years I had a staph infection in my knee that was eating away the upper and lower bones to the metal components.

I have been through several doctors appointments, two knee aspirations, pre-opt checkup, and a nuclear stress test. All in preparation for the upcoming revision surgery. This will be a two-stage procedure because of the knee infection. The first stage is to remove the old implant and replace it with an antibiotic cement spacer. The second stage is to remove the antibiotic spacer after 10 to 12 weeks or when the infection is gone and then a second surgery again replaced by orthopedic implant.

So my fellow sober recovery friends. I will be gone for some period of time so in my absence, I'm hoping that someone picks up and continues putting up the JFT until I get back.

Please say a prayer that everything goes well.

Thank you all so much ♥ with Blessings & Love ♥

TB
Old 12-17-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes TB.

Glad to help with the jfts last time, but the next two weeks will be mad for me, and I felt a bit funny posting them as I'm not NA, so I hope someone else will step up too

D