I like where I am -- and I may be moving.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

I like where I am -- and I may be moving.

This cabin setting and views are magical. The construction of it is fabulous. I love the large logs, heavy custom front door and circular-sawn wood floors. I've been cleaning, dumped a lot of broken, old worn out things and bought new and used items as I've been inspired to, over only a few days. When I first started cleaning there was a thin, teal-colored dime I swept up and dumped. Normally I save any coins I find, old or new. Later, after meditation, I had the thought of putting $1000 (a dime) into this place that I'll simply let go of.

Getting to know my landlord better, I see some mental instability. I'm glad to be able to see this clearly and very early on.

I want/need a home I am safe in. Triple that for my son. More will be revealed. The bunk bed delivery by dependable friends fell through. No coincidence. I'm taking this one day at a time.

This has been a wonderful, connected and fun day. I'm taking stickers off items and honoring the good here. There's an amazing heavy-decorative glass and metal lantern with a red pillar candle, red ceramic cookware, and willow branches I've cut to hang the new white shower curtain, a coffee-themed potholder and coffee mugs. I'm willing to put a little time and energy into this cabin and it's guests. I'm also allowing the Universe show me more possibilities.

It's been really interesting to see what I saved, what I bought and connections to this place, myself, my past and my present. Yet it's also is coming together in way that's completely different than if I was doing it for me.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

The more I trust my healthy instincts, enjoy the day and gain confidence, the more I see that things keep working out. Life is good. This time here is really good therapy for me.

A.H. - Complete Trust in Life

http://youtu.be/jEJdwHikWwM
Old 12-15-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mango, you make it sound so beautiful where you are it sounds like a gorgeous place to live and heal. The willow is such a magical tree I love your use of it's branches.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
The more I trust my healthy instincts, enjoy the day and gain confidence, the more I see that things keep working out. Life is good. This time here is really good therapy for me.

A.H. - Complete Trust in Life

http://youtu.be/jEJdwHikWwM
That was an interesting listen thanks for posting the link.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Didn't you just move into this place, in hopes of getting your kid back? I'm a landlord and as long as my tenants pay their rent on time/don't mess my properties up, I completely leave them alone.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
I want/need a home I am safe in. Triple that for my son. More will be revealed.

I'm taking this one day at a time.

This has been a wonderful, connected and fun day.
God/Universe/Great Spirit/Higher Power tends to work in very illogical ways in my life. I'm okay with that. Good things happen when I open my heart, pray, meditate and take new actions.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a gorgeous homely experience you're creating Mango....sounds magical.
​​​​​​
Great video too "serve your happiness first and all that matters to you will fill in around it".

Sounds like you're doing just that. ❤️
Old 12-16-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thanks Surfbee!

I'm Christmas shopping for two bookmarks this evening. It's fun to have focus and happiness. I'm enjoying being around people, having light & bright conversations - thanks to my al-anon sponsor in sharing the healing of this with me! - and open to inspired dinner plans.

Many God signs I'm aware of today.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Happier.

I feel happier tonight. Unconditional, internally connected happiness. Self-generated through continuous picking up of recovery/life skills, keeping an open heart, allowing stress and all feelings to be acknowledged and transformed. Raw, naked emotions. Authenticly being me, and being okay with who I am.

#thankyougod
#lifeisgood
Old 12-18-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm also allowing the Universe show me more possibilities.

I have an appointment to see an available apartment later today. One day at a time. Breathing in. Breathing out. Letting the stresses of this day and yesterday drop away.

Where I live has not been discussed with anyone other than a few friends and my lawyer, so there is an ease and simplicity to this part of things as I explore other possibilities.

I found the bookmarks yesterday. They're for two very special people. I'm appreciating how all these things are coming together in good timing.

#lifeisgood
#yogabreathing
Old 12-22-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Getting to know my landlord better, I see some mental instability. I'm glad to be able to see this clearly and very early on.

I want/need a home I am safe in. Triple that for my son. More will be revealed. The bunk bed delivery by dependable friends fell through. No coincidence. I'm taking this one day at a time.

My landlord is a bully. He is also confused and befuddled at times. I talked to an Ala-friend and am realizing skills I have to deal with this. It's especially important for me, right now, to be practicing these skills. I'm coming full-circle around to realizing this is an opportunity to become much stronger with dealing with my FOO through interactions here.

Anywhere I go, I want safety for myself and DS11. A big part of this is creating safety through our own strength, confidence and awareness.

I'm staying.

I took charge of some non-issues differently when dealing with my landlord two days ago. When we shook hands before I left, he wouldn't look towards me. Being able to see bullies and assess how to deal with one is a great skill to have.

I trust the bunkbed will be here, somehow, very soon! I'm glad the pause of this allowed me time to work out things internally.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've been enjoying seeing Christmas items with the red truck with a tree in it all season. Now I'm driving home a red & white truck piled high with a load of logs that'll reassemble into twin bunk beds. I'm not sure if the visual correlation comes through, but I did take a photo of it for myself. Yippee!

The full moon is gorgeous and everyone today has been super full of kindness, help and the holiday spirit. I didn't even need to go inside the store to get help loading the bed. A woman met me outside. She thought I was someone else who hadn't arrived yet and it was amazing timing. I love it when this happens. The man who helped me load things was absolutely great.

I have no idea how I'm going to unload this or assemble it, yet I've bought the tools I need and trust this will work out well, too.

This has been about so much more than the bunkbed. Driving this very old truck today has been a blast. My inner child is loving this. The heater and radio work great, the interior is immaculate and there is something really fun about stopping this old vehicle at a modern gas pump with lcd advertising playing.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

I bought a new lockset for the cabin today and am going to change it out this evening.

The mattresses and bunks are unloaded. Another step done.

Next three things are good food, some relaxation time and being around healthy people.