Writing this down before i forget

Old 12-12-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Writing this down before i forget

Im having an epiphiny im guessing my dad before he had kids didnt want them to have the same hardships he or my mother had

Im also guessing he wanted his children to be like him but also to have the love and kindness of my mother - this is just guesswork at best but im also going on how i feel and what would i want for my kids if that day ever came

4.44am man that exact time follows me now lol

Lifes funny
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im working out but nice and slow (to the point the heating is on again) its cold but im here

Thought id share this

Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you are a good man, wolf.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

You help me to be better mate thank you X

Should out to my dad and all dad's out there x
Old 12-26-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I don't think my dad will ever stop drinking now im pretty sure i don't have much time with him left and if i just stand back i wont see him at all

I dont want any regrets of which im sure there will be many hopefully not but we'l see when it happens

I was saying to my brother my dad is a brilliant encylopedia and knows so much just such a shame he such a closed book so now we mainly talk books politics and the like he loved watching ben hur yesterday he's seen it a thousand times

Life is weird
Old 12-26-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wolfy, I didn’t realise you had a parent to deal with who is still actively drinking. I’m sorry to hear that.

It’s hard to see a person waste away their time drinking, when you know they are worth so much more than that. I did not see my mother very much in the years before she died. But I didn’t have too many regrets about that - only that her life didn’t have to be that way. You do what gives you the most peace.

Love to you and Mrs Wolfy
Old 12-28-2018, 12:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to get the papers for him in a bit
Old 12-28-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Got him the papers I tried to get his face Scottish paper but the shop stocks 1 and if your not 7am early it's gone but he has 3 tabloids to read through

As we were leaving Mrs SW said he looked a lil sad I said go back up and ask does he need any 'shopping' I didn't want to myself as he knows my feelings about this but in that moment I realised he will never stop drinking my dad is too far gone and if I keep to my guns Il never see him as his health slowly deteriorates so...

Mrs SW returns and says my dad said just because I don't drink no one else should drink (which is half true) but I am going to call him now and say I'll do it anytime as he really can't get out no more - this is and was hard to fully accept but I think I'm there I don't need to talk about it to him as long as I'm making his life easier I guess that's the goal

I bought him some whiskey as all he drinks is cheap soap water (beer cider) I told him this isn't a present but something to keep you warm

I'm ok I just woke from a nap and will go call dad now

Old 04-13-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Been helping my dad still yesterday i got the papers and him a new mobile phone that he wanted (some cheap thing) but i think he wants something a bit better as we couldnt get it to work - going up there later to sort that out as my famo is at a NA or CA convention

Im trying my best and letting lots of **** slide just so we get to talk - a very good life lesson