Notices

Where are you sweetichick?

Old 12-12-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where are you sweetichick?

I haven't seen you post for a few days and you've been on my mind.

Let us know that you're ok?
Old 12-12-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been thinking of you too Sweetichick. I hope you will reach out.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for caring guys. I got diagnosed on Monday as developing liver failure. I still have a chance to save my life. I am feeling really down that's why I haven't been posting. I have been doing AA online meetings. Anybody have experience with how long it takes your liver to recover? I asked my old sponsor yesterday for a lift to a meeting and got told to get a taxi. Needless to say I didn't go. I am on the waiting list for rehab. In theory its easy don't pick up the first drink. I just keep reminding myself I will end up dead. Sorry for such a depressing post.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Sweeti, I think about you also. So sorry to hear the news of your dr visit results. I don’t have experience with this but I think it varies for different people. Universally tho I know with certainty that drinking accelerates it and makes it worse.

Maybe try taking the taxi? You might come to find that you wished you’d just done it. Maybe so, maybe not. But in the grand scheme of things, with a message like “save your own life”, a taxi ride maybe doesn’t sound that bad?

I believe in you and the power you have to do this. Of all the cast of characters here, I think of you the most when I’m not here (which is often; I don’t come on here all the time anymore). When I do, it’s with hope and love. Rooting for you.

bexxed
Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sweetichick

I think the question about how long it takes will vary from person to person., Your doctor should have a good idea in your case.

If you have a TSS card a taxis not too expensive but if not you can always Uber?

D
Old 12-12-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Hey Sweeti, I think about you also. So sorry to hear the news of your dr visit results. I don’t have experience with this but I think it varies for different people. Universally tho I know with certainty that drinking accelerates it and makes it worse.

Maybe try taking the taxi? You might come to find that you wished you’d just done it. Maybe so, maybe not. But in the grand scheme of things, with a message like “save your own life”, a taxi ride maybe doesn’t sound that bad?

I believe in you and the power you have to do this. Of all the cast of characters here, I think of you the most when I’m not here (which is often; I don’t come on here all the time anymore). When I do, it’s with hope and love. Rooting for you.

bexxed
Thanks for that Bexxed. That was a really lovely message. Yes I probably should have taken the taxi. I missed a chance to get more support.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, tomorrow (or is it today there right now?) is another day.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry about your diagnosis but you still have a chance to turn things around and that's a massive gift please don't waste it.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Sweetichick

I think the question about how long it takes will vary from person to person., Your doctor should have a good idea in your case.

If you have a TSS card a taxis not too expensive but if not you can always Uber?

D
Hi Dee. I don't actually have a TSS card. Uber is a good idea.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I was wondering where you were as well. I'm sorry about the diagnosis, but glad you're sober and on the waiting list for rehab. Did they give you an estimate of when you'd be able to go? You have been on the list for a bit, will your diagnosis allow you to move up on that list at all?

Sending lots of love your way.

❤️Delilah
Old 12-13-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick, you struck a chord in me with your liver diagnosis. 4 years ago I woke up in the hospital after a fight with my ex-husband. A doctor came in, I was by myself and he told me I had scarring on my liver, and told me I had cirrhosis of the liver. I was discharged I did not tell anyone. I continued to drink, I was dying, I felt myself dying, puking everywhere, my legs, feet and ankles were balloons, My BP was 147/100 something.... I still worked every day, I still drank party cups of whiskey everyday, mouthwash on my way to work to stop shaking. Then I left my husband, I left that life... I still drank, but in a much lesser degree. I started a relationship with someone that was into organic living, and energy healing. I responded quite well with my change in lifestyle, my drinking became binges that were few and far between. I received energy healing for my entire body, and I also began to target my liver, my boyfriend at the time and I were in a faraday cage receiving light energy healing. The lights began to go crazy around my liver area, my boyfriend asked me what was going on with my abdomen, I had been with him for a year and I hadn't told him, I told him that I had cirrhosis of the liver and began crying. From that point my healthy lifestyle focused on my liver, I began doing liver and gallbladder cleanses on a monthly basis, using my rife machine, receiving reiki, and other energy healing techniques. 2 years pass, I had an ultrasound of my liver to compare with the original scan that I had when I received my diagnosis. My scan showed no scarring whatsoever, my liver enzymes all within normal range.

When I first got the diagnosis I took it as a death sentence. I was leaving my husband at the time to go somewhere to die, I didn't die, I lived, I still struggle, but my liver is unscarred, there is hope, please treat your disease holistically, there are many avenues for healing, find your right one, don't lose hope!
Old 12-13-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

anybody

Anybody wondering where I've been? LOL John
Old 12-13-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I haven't actually been wondering. But how are you John?
Old 12-13-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Anybody wondering where I've been? LOL John
Sorry sweeti, this was suppose to be a beginning on a new thread, not yours. I will try again. John
Old 12-13-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I haven't actually been wondering. But how are you John?
ouch!!!!!! John
Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry there are just so many people on here and I try to wipe my mind when I am not on here. I do remember you have been struggling for a long time. I am here to talk if you want to.