Notices

Hello. New here?

Old 12-11-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello. New here?

I’m not an addict myself,but my on again off again,boyfriend is. He is currently in jail on drug charges. I’m pregnant with his baby,and not really sure how involved he’s going to be in his life. The only way he is getting out of the charges against him is by going to drug court. At least that’s what he told me. He has ADHD and he is extremely paranoid,I’m not sure if that’s from drugs or if he is just naturally like that? He’s causing me a lot of stress and I hate being alone. It’s like I’m always lonely even when he isn’t in jail. I keep thinking maybe I should just move on but he always pops up in my life when I’ve tried cutting him off in the past. I do love him,but not sure how much longer I can deal with the lies and loneliness. Advice?
Old 12-11-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Iris,

Welcome! I'm sorry for your situation. I hope that you are able to focus on yourself and your baby-to-be. Do you have any family members who can help you? Hopefully your boyfriend will make the choice to stop using drugs and to deal with his mental health issues. But, in the meantime take care of you. You might like to check out AlAnon in your area as a support for yourself.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you

My family is supportive and all,but I really just wanted him to be present in my life and my son’s. I guess time will tell what will happen because honestly I’m tired of hanging on when I feel like he doesn’t care. He is supposedly getting out of jail soon and I’ll talk more about it with him then. I’m on my last straw with him,just way too much stress. Thank you again.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family Iris! I would urge you to focus on you and your baby. If your boyfriend wants to get clean, that would be great, but take care of yourself first.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you.

Trying to focus on the baby and all,but I find that I get angry when I think about it because of his lack of support,both emotionally and financially. Just makes me mad and creates a negative environment. I’m trying to be optimistic but it’s not going so well. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you, Iris. I hope it helps to know others care. You're not alone.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome,

If I were in your shoes (which I actually have been) I would leave now. Leave him now. Now is easier than later, and later would cause pain to you and your little and you are left picking up his pieces as well as your own, which is hard to hold it all together for you and for your little.

Work on you, be the best mom you can be and ask for help from friends and family and when the timing is right, you will find a good man who respects you.

BLessings,
DC
Old 12-12-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DreamCatcher17 View Post
Welcome,

If I were in your shoes (which I actually have been) I would leave now. Leave him now. Now is easier than later, and later would cause pain to you and your little and you are left picking up his pieces as well as your own, which is hard to hold it all together for you and for your little.

Work on you, be the best mom you can be and ask for help from friends and family and when the timing is right, you will find a good man who respects you.

BLessings,
DC
just wanted to say, AMEN.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome folks on this site have some awesome advise they can give from.a different perspective. Hope it will benefit you and your baby.