Notices

There's nothing to go back ON !!

Old 12-10-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There's nothing to go back ON !!

When I have thoughts of drinking now and REALLY go through what will happen if I was to drink again, I know I d get drunk etc but in the days and weeks after that , like having to meet the guy who works in the off licence again and getting that Knew you d be Back Look , Listening to the same old stories iv heard and told a 1000 time s in the bars , the financial cost of IT , getting rid of the empties in the mornings again , the sweats whilst driving, the constant overhanging feeling my health is been destroyed, I could go on and on , could t we all. There is nothing to go back on.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That reads like you were talking about me when you wrote that. Dont look back look forward. You cant change the past but you can stop it happening again.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. I posted a similar insight a few days ago in the December class thread. I think this kind of honesty with yourself is part of what helps you stay sober. There is just nothing to gain and much to lose with this drug.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I first gave up a few months ago I was constantly thinking back on all the same things and it was enough to make me want to go back to drinking! Now I have a bit of time under my belt it's a lot easier to keep looking forward. On Sunday morning I was clearing up everyone else's empties from the party we'd had on Saturday night and it felt so good to know my only contribution was two cola bottles and a Redbull can