Notices

Something Anna Said

Old 12-08-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Something Anna Said

Everyone is right where they are supposed to be i remember the first time i heard this and it was a gamechanger simple really but really effective and if i hadnt joined i might not ever of heard this (Good reason to sign up and start saving YOUR life today

I always include this too it's something Dee74 told me when i was having a panic attack about staying sober when others were dropping like flies around me (relapse rashes mess with my head like when over 5 friends go at the same time it hurts as i never know if il hear from them again)

Relapse is a part of my alcoholism ... Relapse has no part in my recovery (something like that) it really helped snd still helps today

If i think its deep trust me you should as a newcomer value this too

Old 12-09-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks SoberWolf. I have read many uplifting comments on SR but one of the first I ever read back in January 2015 has stayed with me ever since, it was by Melinda Flowers who said that she was going to beat this even if that meant she was the only person in the world who ever did.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the post, SW, and for your continued support for our members.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Beautiful words. Thank you, Soberwolf.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There are such important things that stick with us! It always makes me happy when someone shares one that just grabbed them and didn't let go.

Someone told me early on to "look for those who have what I wanted." And go for that, find my version of it. I had no clue how to get there other than not to drink and somehow trust I would figure out how to get what they had.

The other thing I always say is that only other people trying to live their own best lives, alcoholics or not, get a seat at my table. Period. I don't have time or interest in folks not trying to make the most of this one wild and precious life we have.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Relapse is a part of my alcoholism ... Relapse has no part in my recovery. If i think its deep trust me you should as a newcomer value this too.
That's the way I thought early on, as soon as the craving subsided enough for me to realize it was a matter of choice from there on.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Soberwolf
Old 12-10-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you SW. Your post led me to reflect on what posts and sayings have resonated with me: Don’t look back because that is not the direction you are going. This too shall pass. No one is coming to save me. I saw a bumper stick that said: When things go wrong, don’t go with them. Love that too.

The sayings under my signature keep me grounded as well.

There’s so much we can learn from each other.