I really like how this works

Old 12-01-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

I really like how this works

I'm having a late lunch at a place with great views and friendly people. I'm learning to expect to have good surprises each day.

Yesterday I left my November vacation home. There was an eagle I saw in the rearview mirror, flying towards me. Smooth, paved road ahead of me. Going forward in faith, with no clear direction. I enjoyed the drive, took things as next "Good Obvious Direction" (one of those God acronyms), had a great day and whenever I needed inspiration I paused where I was.

The journey was filled with meaning and God signs. At one point a radio ad caught my attention about a ski & snowboard club's winter trip. I looked that up later in the night.

I eventually took one of the longest routes possible to a city that's only 2 hours from my seasonal job. It was autumn weather at the beginning of the day, changing to a fabulous snow coming down.

Today I checked out snow tires at a local shop, played with puppy in a big field near the hotel, went to an Al-anon meeting earlier this morning and am simply enjoying the day with lightness in my heart.

Driving by instinct, I pulled over with the inspired thought of throwing fresh snow on my warm windshield. It cleans amazingly and is fun. As soon as I stopped, I noticed a woman throwing a tennis ball for her border collie at a park across the street. It's getting easier talking to random people by instinct. A hello. A question. Sometimes it leads to a conversation.

Our dogs, backgrounds, training methods and outlook on life are connected in many ways. Her favorite ski area is where I learned to ski. She grew up in a small town across the state and was filling me in on details of the ski trip I heard about yesterday. Information that wasn't online. How that all came together or was shared in such in easy exchange is beyond me.

I notice these things kind of things often now. I trust we either meet again or not. That part doesn't matter. Simply this one day. Enjoying it. The rest keeps working out.

I have no idea how I've had a month on vacation by myself, or how it turned into a deeply spiritual experience. It wasn't by planning to do it. Each day is special, they string together and more awareness comes along the way.

#lawofattraction
#goodkarma
#lifeisgood
Old 12-01-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

I went to a Christmas stroll this evening. My favorite place (a large booth kind of set-up) had great music and is supporting a domestic violence help center. The woman I met there has the same name as me.

Dinner was paella, cooked in huge pans and steaming hot.

It was good to be a part of the crowds. Lots of people, dogs and a few puppies. I got to hold a young puppy for a little bit. That warmed my hands and my heart.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful Mango.

I had a long drive through the mountains today. At one point the sun was coming between hill in such a way that most of the scenery was cold snowy looking and then a section was lit up with the warmest yellow gold light. It was quite lovely.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Love that!!

Life is good.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love to hear these stories. I believe you've got the hang of this thing.

Last edited by DriGuy; 12-02-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added last sentence
Old 12-08-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm learning to direct my thoughts in good ways, and my attention follows this.

I keep enjoying more connections, more noticing, more awareness and finding a deep satisfaction with life.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Unconditional happiness. All my plans just opened up in a new, very unexpected way.

This evenings plans are suddenly including a hot drink and light parade in one of my favorite cities.

Happy holidays, everyone!

#thankyougod
#lifeisgood