Notices

felling alone right now

Old 11-30-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

felling alone right now

Been putting this off for a while, but needed to tell somebody how I feel. I'm pretty good at taking care of myself without looking to others for support, but right now with all this medical stuff I'm dealing with not having any f2f support really sucks right now. I know I will get through this but this time it feels different. Just gotta suck it up and deal with this like I have with other problems I've had before. Just gotta not get into the poor me attitude and remember how lucky I have been so far. Stuff happens to everybody. It's what you do with it that counts. John
Old 11-30-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just bites when your dealing with it alone. John
Old 11-30-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you're feeling alone. We're here for you.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Sorry you're feeling so isolated, I know we're not face to face here but we are here for you should you want to talk or vent. I don't know where in the world you are but in the UK we have The Samaritans who have a helpline you can call just to talk to someone. A few years ago I was very lonely and just wanted to speak to another human being but had no-one I could talk to so I called them and it helped a great deal just saying what I was feeling outloud to someone else.

As Anna says, we're here for you John. xx
Old 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone. I know we're not there in real life, but we care about you.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

A diagnosis like that can get some getting used to John. Rest assured you're always find support and respect here

D
Old 11-30-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I completely understand those feelings, John. Your friends here are sharing this upsetting time with you. I'm glad you're posting about this.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aww, ginormous hugs to you!
A wise man once told me "talk about it, talk about it, talk about it!" Not sure if origin but I tested it out. Helps tremendously. Hope it works some for you.
​xx
Jules
Old 12-01-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feeling alone in the world is just awful, even more so when going through difficult times.

I hope you are feeling a little better today x
Old 12-01-2018, 03:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Very sorry for all you’re going through, whatever it is. Glad you came here and agree with prior poster I hope it is looking a little brighter today.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Being alone I'm sure makes it more difficult. But you have a great attitude, you are not alone in your feelings. We are here.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am sorry you feel alone. Isolation is a terrible feeling. You are surrounded by support here even if you don’t have anyone to go to in person. Just keep coming here. I felt like that for several years that there was no one I could relate to over anything I was going through. Things have improved for me. But I love this SR family. I know our circumstances are different and you are dealing with medical issues. Just know you are not alone. Hugs
Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Will be spending most of Monday at the hospital. Bone scan, MRI then talking to my doctor about the results. The Serenity Prayer comes in handy at times like these. Hope everybody is having a great day. John
Old 12-01-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like Monday will be a tough day, John. I will thinking of you.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I was thinking how lucky I am to be still working with kids. I always thought working with kids helps to keep you young and that's true, but it also to appreciate your life.
Besides, if anybody wants to find a distraction from their problems, spend time with kids, especially little kids. Besides their energy level and trying to keep up with them, they can be so funny. I dare anybody to work with fourth through six graders and keep a straight face. Between being very needy and incredibly funny I just don't have time to think of me. John
Old 12-01-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes and support for Monday John

D
Old 12-01-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

NO NOT ALONE
We are here
prayers
Old 12-01-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It is good to reach out when feeling alone and/or isolated. As a person who lives alone I frequently find myself confronted with such feelings. I have chronic illness aside from alcoholism that I must constantly attend to, and when I'm experiencing that notion of being so completely different from the average person, it is tough.

But I can be a warrior of a kind to get through each day, to be strong, to be stoic, and to push through. Still, sometimes one can feel a loss of energy to cope with just the normal trials of life, let alone everything else. I have learned that it's a strength to go outside of myself and share how I'm feeling. I don't necessarily need anything more than somebody to say that they either understand or empathize with my state. Sometimes there are solutions and sometimes there are not, but to keep it balled up inside me was not helpful.

So, continue to come to those, like here, that can simply tell you that "I care" that you are feeling bad.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Support to you John.