Notices

Just tried the SR Arcade....good stress relief!

Old 11-26-2018, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just tried the SR Arcade....good stress relief!

I've had a really rough day after a rough late evening last night (not drinking!) with my daughter who is now unsure about college and her selected career path. Got to bed at 11:45pm, up at 6:30am. Then a long day at work today.

I guess it's just the piddly little things that add up....that annoying co-worker.....new software training and the revelation that we have a **** ton of work to do in a 2 week period in late January, after year end close and after the auditors run us over like an 18 wheeler.....oh and my kids will be in full swing winter sports....but at least my weekend seasonal job will be done for Jan - April.

And I waited 30 minutes to pick up my son from his practice and we had a misunderstanding about the time and place and I ended up at home thinking he's gotten a ride......had to go back and get him.

Like I said....just the piddly little things that add up and stack up on you. Having a cup of tea now, tried out the SR Arcade a bit and waiting for my daughter to get home from practice and see if she wants to talk further about what we discussed last night. I don't want to pressure her, but I want her to have a plan on how to move forward and I'll support her 100%. I just hope she doesn't follow her love interest to their college or take a gap year. Either one of those will be hard to support.....anything else I can manage.

Hope you all are having a good night. Looking like 4-7 inches of snow where I am.

-Otter

Old 11-26-2018, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Otter! What is the arcade?

Anyway, it must feel good to be 100% present for your daughter, as stressful as this is. Hopefully she’ll gain some clarity soon.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
Hey Otter! What is the arcade?

Anyway, it must feel good to be 100% present for your daughter, as stressful as this is. Hopefully she’ll gain some clarity soon.
Hi If you look at the black bar at the top of this, it's next to 'new posts'.
It played a HUGE part in my early days - Lightning Pool is very addictive
Old 11-26-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think the arcade is only visible/available when you are on a computer, not on a mobile device.

Yeah, super glad I’m 100% here for her....she’s a great kiddo and we’ve never had issues or any of the typical teen stuff, just a lot of honesty, love and openness.....except for my alcohol....but that’s the disease controlling me. I need to take back control. It’s my life and I want it to be better than it has been recently.

-Otter
Old 11-26-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Otter. Parenting is so challenging and stressful! Hang in there. I find no matter how difficult things are, I always feel so much better managing them sober. The end result is better and an feel so much better about myself and my relationship with my kid. I’m making some tea now . I have got to check out that Arcade. I didn’t know it existed until your post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did the Mario Bros. Tetris. Haven’t played that since college. That’s been awhile.

-Otter