What I'm thankful for this year

Old 11-23-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I'm thankful for this year

It's been a long time that I have been on this forum, and even a longer time since I left my ex.

This Thanksgiving this year brought along a lot of thought though.

I was sick this year, and I had to stay home. So, of course, when you don't feel good nothing goes right. My electric went out in half my house. No TV, no heat in that room. Thought I was going to be confined to only my bedroom because I had electric and TV in there. Called electrician at 10:30pm, I wasn't even expecting someone to answer the phone, but hey, I had to try. So the guy answered the phone, asked me if I checked the breakers, which I did do, and he said he would be right over. I told him, I have heat and TV in parts of my house, and he didn't need to rush over, he said ok, then I'll be over in the morning. Imagine that, I got an electrician to come over to my house on Thanksgiving Day. (My son tells me that it usually takes him about 2 weeks to get an electrician to come over). Anyway, he was here for over an hour, he got my electric back on, and I was asking him about my baseboard heating that has never worked, I thought he would come back for that, but he looked at that, he told me that they were installed, but never hooked up, then he hooked them up. I couldn't believe the minimal amount that he charged me .

So, like I said, I was sick, and I started to think back about all the people that I have met since I left my ex. According to him, they would have all wanted something from me, because I was such a horrible person.

We had that snow storm here last week, my neighbor from across the street plowed my driveway, he wanted nothing for it.

When I moved here, my real estate agents husband and 12 yr old son came over to help me move things around and to get rid of the boxes, they wanted nothing for it.

When I left my ex, and my friends offered me their house, they wanted nothing for it.

There are just some good people out there, and that is what I am thankful for, on this Thanksgiving Day.

Happy Holidays everyone,
amy