Notices

Yfycuvj iv

Old 11-20-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yfycuvj iv

That title got your attention? I am in desperate need of help. No one here can help me, only I can help myself. I can’t help myself.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't understand. You say you need help, but that no one can help you. You say only you can help yourself but you can't help yourself.

What do you need from us?
Old 11-20-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

We cannot make you stop drinking or using, however, support from others can still help you get to a place where you are willing to try. The more tools you have, the more effective it will be.

What can we do for you?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You actually can help yourself....especially by allowing yourself to listen and follow the suggestions of others. But you have to want to stop. Are you willing?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Am I willing? Not really. I wish I was.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi uhoh
is rehab an option for you?

if you can't stop yourself, a forced stop might give you the time and clarity to choose a different way of life?

d
Old 11-20-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Neither was I for a long time UhOh.

Then the consequences just got too big, and I was ready.
Hope you don't have to go as far down the rabbit hole as many of us did.

I didn't think I could live sober, but I'm amazed at how great being sober is at this point.

Think about cultivating some willingness, as that is the essential element for it to work--until then, wishing you the best.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well there in lies the problem. I got willing because I had to. It was life or death really. And I have a child...so destroying her was just not an option.

That willingness comes when it does. Some people, who are much smarter than I, learn from the stories of others. They accept that addiction is progressive and that there is no where to go but down. I had to learn on my own. And what that 'bottom ' looks like is different for everyone. My bottom was the insanity of my drinking. I truly was completely nuts. There was no 'fun' in it, it didn't 'work'. It didn't help me feel or not feel or whatever nonsense I was trying to convince myself of in the moment. I was just completely addicted to a powerful neurotoxin. It ran my show. Alcohol ran my life. And I decided that was no way to live. And I was dangerous...the thought of harming another person was something I could not live with. I was out of control. And I had to grow the feck up. I wanted to be a good, dependable, stand up person.

I hope you find the courage and strength to reach out and take all the help that is available to addicts...both online and f2f. Its there when you are ready. And it 'works' much better than booze.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Frek
Old 11-20-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You say you can't help yourself, but something within you, has reached out to us here. We just need to work out howto build on that - any suggestions UhOh?
Your situation won't be unique - someone on here will have been through the same - we did it, so can you
Old 11-20-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had been told many many times that it all starts with me, and I had kind of let it go in one ear and out the other. BUT IT IS SO SO TRUE. Until you choose 100% to stop, you will always make excuses to continue, and it will feel impossible. Other people can support you, and God does that help, but you have to chose in your mind to stop. I have faith in you, it must of taken a lot to find this site and post in the forums, if you couldn't help yourself you wouldn't have reached out. When I stopped saying "I can manage this" "I can't live without it" and actually committed to not drinking, it's like a wave of relief rushed over me. I can stay on this sober path that I am on, and it means no more mistakes, regrets, injuries, health problems, or hang overs due to alcohol. And for me, that's been a beautiful thing and it's what I hang on to when I get cravings. You can do this!
Old 11-20-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Can you get checked into a 30 day rehab? I’ve seen people basically forced by their family to go to rehab, they themselves did not want to. After 2 weeks many were so happy they got sober and perspective into how much damage they were doing to themselves. They didn’t realize how good life can be sober until they got sober.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Uhoh,

There’s a little teeny tiny voice inside of you thatis willing. Please listen to it. Please don’t be one of those patients that I see coming and that will be dead soon because they killed them selves slowly with alcohol poisoning. There’s too much to live for, and your soul knows it .

Save yourself. I’m sure there are people depending on it.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I got up at 5:30AM. Had my first drink at 6:00AM. It’s 11:30AM now, I’m unwell. I confessed to my wife last night and said I needed help. I wanted to go to the local AA meeting but she said I shouldn’t go until I’m sober. I have a deadline to meet at work tomorrow and I probably won’t finish it, because I’m drinking and can’t focus up. I wish so badly, I could just set life aside for a minute and take care of myself. I apologize for my stupid titles and occasionally cryptic posts, I’m not sober.I really would like to break the cycle and live life.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You're here, so we know you want to. Do you want to be sober more than you want to feed the addiction? Please stay with us and not the bottle.

You can do it. We believe in you.

Believe in yourself.

Hugs
Old 11-21-2018, 08:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

no need to wait to be sober before going to AA. that's kinda backwards. if you are willing to go, go. folks there have a suggested solution.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by UhOh View Post
I wish so badly, I could just set life aside for a minute and take care of myself. I apologize for my stupid titles and occasionally cryptic posts, I’m not sober.I really would like to break the cycle and live life.
You don't have to wish for it - do it. How about approaching your sobriety like a project at work? If you want something badly enough in your career, you would likely do anything possible to get it - right?

It's always easier to find an excuse to keep drinking than owning the problem and doing something about it. Work deadlines, stress, family, lack of time, lack of motivation, the list is virtually endless. Problem is, eventually the consequences of the drinking take away everything. And addiction really doesn't care about consequences - people die every single day because they don't heed them and keep drinking.

So you're drunk now, but that doesn't mean you can't quit drinking right this very second. You will lose your job eventually if you keep it up, you are correct there - so do something about it.

If nothing else, call the salvation army. They offer free detox in most areas if you are willing. Heck, you are probably in a place right now where calling 911 is a viable option too. Tell them you are drinking yourself to death and cannot stop - because you literally are.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great post Scott, may I ditto?
Old 11-21-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You can do it--it's a choice you are free to make.

Simple but means you have to take action, to say "I'm done"

That is incredibly liberating in itself if you truly mean it.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So, I just dumped what I had left. I guess I’ll have none for tomorrow morning. It’s going to be tough. I am the true alcoholic. Pretty sad... I’m worried about waking up to no booze.