My Holiday Rant!

Old 11-20-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Holiday Rant!

On my FB feed this morning, is a a post from a new friend of my daughter’s. It’s a request , asking my daughter to be a bridesmaid in new friends wedding.

The request was similar to this, I did leave out a couple f-bombs, and a few other lines.

“You have been a part of every bad decision, I have made. Let’s keep the tradition alive. Will you be my drunkest bridesmaid.?”

I would really like to ask her father if he sees anything wrong now? If perhaps what I have been saying for the past year has any merit? But I am so pis*sed off at him, I am not capable of speaking to him.

Understanding, his relationship with her , is none of my business, but dammit, stop supporting this unacceptable crap. Until he got out his checkbook and started throwing large sums of money her way, they did not have a very close relationship.

My daughter's new mother in law responds to this with., “ Nice, so very nice girls. “ Are you effing kidding me? First she is going to be 32, hardly a girl. And when she loses her professional job, she and your prescription addicted, bum of a son, are going to be homeless. Apparently, she hasn’t considered that one day , that “drunken bridesmaid “maybe her grandchild’s mother? Yep, more keeps being revealed...

Just ranting my friends. What I would really like to do is throw tables and chairs like they did in all the bar fights in the old western movies..

I know this is out of my control, And I am going to remain on my side of the street.

I do not want to hear my other two daughter saying negative things about their sister to me, they haven’t heard from her in a couple months, for some reason, they are choosing to not reach out to her, she and I are not speaking, currently, I am afraid to even attempt to reach out to her, I am afraid of what I might say, and I am not finding the right words to even send a letter. What a mess!

Oh joy, let the holidays begin!
Old 11-20-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Oh, F-that!

Yeah, I get it. I just walked by a huge beautiful micro-brewery with a chalkboard sign encouraging everyone "needing a beer" to come on in and get one from their friendly bartenders.

So, life goes on. Law of attraction.

To change that up for myself, I'm spending time at a very beautiful library, going to yoga classes today and allowing my attention to flow to the good in life that I enjoy. Orange coats are catching my attention. I love this color right now. I have new shoes that are comfortable, breaking in very easily and help me focus right here where my feet are. Both an Al-anon and mindfulness thing that's directing me in good ways. I'm planning on taking a different route back that goes by a fabulous small sporting goods store filled with winter gear, great vibes and friendly, healthy people.

Sending good wishes and vibes for you for the holidays, marie!

Mango
Old 11-20-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Vent away. Everything regarding alcohoism makes no sense. None at all! I've never dealt with anything in my life that was so hurtful and infuriating. You are doing a good thing coming here to vent instead of telling them what you think. I'd feel like throwing chairs too, I don't blame you one bit. I'll be thinking of you today. 💕
Old 11-20-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I suggest avoiding Facebook.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm tired of people defending Facebook...

...it's inauthentic and caters to the evil more than to the kind. It's very origin is suspect, and it was built to encourage and enable us to destroy privacy in all forms. You want to be happier, less depressed, or less suicidal? Delete Facebook.