Notices

Day13

Old 11-19-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day13

Sober 13 days some mild feelings of panic and stress. Dealing with stress when sober? Dealing with frustration when sober?

i do feel a lot happier tried to move onto vaping but that's not really working and am still smoking.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HC - stress and frustration are just that, sober or not. Trying to work on the things that you can take care of - from health to money and career.

Have you tried "urge surfing" for the cravings for booze? I find the same technique works for anxiety, stress and frustrations.

Congrats on 13 days, keep it movin.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not sure what urge surfing is, find it difficult to grasp. My motivation is strong and My faith in God is my key to sobriety.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey there!

Well, drinking was my solution to life's problems, so when I removed the drink, I had no idea how to cope with all the things that were still happening all around me.

You mention that your faith in God is key in your sobriety - this is fantastic! My solution today is to "say a prayer, take an action" - I live in the solutions of life. If I'm stressed, I look to see what my part is in that stress, and 99% of the time it's a perspective problem within me. Gratitude helps with this so much! If I'm in gratitude I can't be in fear or worry. So I will make a gratitude list or turn my mind to "look for the miracle" that happened today already, that I overlooked because I was in self, etc.

I got sober so I could lead a healthier, happier life. So much of it became about finding new tools and strengthening new skills to replace the old! These foundations won't be renovated overnight. One day at a time and everything does get miles easier! Xx
Old 11-19-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
Not sure what urge surfing is, find it difficult to grasp. My motivation is strong and My faith in God is my key to sobriety.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...e-surfing.html (urge surfing)

Its easy to grasp and will not conflict with motivation or religious beliefs

D