Uber MOM????

Old 11-09-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uber MOM????

I'm sick. I'm running a fever still and for the last 2 days I haven't made my daughter's lunch. While I am comforted by the fact that her private school provides a nice "bought lunch", I'm thinking of everything we caretakers do (not just moms...I'm looking at you, MCESaint and COD!) and how it all goes to heck when we're sick. Wouldn't it be nice to have a service like Uber that would swiffer up the dog hair, make fresh coffee, take the child (or children) to school, take them to the sporting events, and - hey!- I'm sick over here! Bring me some spicy chicken soup and be MY mommy!

I think I'm delirious. Please carry on.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LovePeaceSushi View Post
lol

You forgot the hot stone massage.

Hang in there LPS, hope you are feeling better really soon.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Back in 2012-13, in a 9-month period I had 3 bouts of pneumonia, and 1 bout of strep. Still got up every night when DS was 2-3, and kept the house clean and the meals made. I hear ya LOUD and CLEAR!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon!! (thanks for the kind, albeit 'delirious', thoughts!! )

COD
Old 11-09-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

(((hugs)))

Be well. Take care of you. This is the most important thing while ill.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I asked AH to leave last night when he came home drunk. I am assuming he is in his college town with his dad and they are having a nice night. (He is the king **** and even stays at the hotel where the team stays! - color me NOT impressed) I actually ordered Uber Sushi tonight. It's just in times like this I wish I had my mother or a SOBER partner that would help take care of me.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, these drunk spouses - not good for much, are they?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And BTW I think now is the time for takeout , UberSushi, whatever will make your life easier. Please don’t hold yourself to unrealistic standards for a sick person!
Old 11-09-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
And BTW I think now is the time for takeout , UberSushi, whatever will make your life easier. Please don’t hold yourself to unrealistic standards for a sick person!
Thank you, Sasha. I told DD this morning on the way to school I'd take her to a play-off game tonight at a school pretty far away. As the day went on and my fever/symptoms progressed, I had to tell her the plan had changed. I think I felt way more guilty than her disappointment. I Uber'ed in some sushi and we're in for the night.

That dog hair is going to just have to be for now.....it may morph itself into a rug or something, but I can't do it right now.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

When my children were at school I went to the school sports with a strep throat and fever, and was ignored by both of them. I knew that they would have been disappointed if I hadn't gone though.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

How are you doing today?

Old 11-10-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better! I understand the feeling. I'm not even sick and I had a tiny meltdown this evening. I was going to cook, but I decided I didn't feel like doing it after dealing with my kids today and their behavior . I went to Costco and bought their stuffed peppers and premade mashed potatoes. I just shoved it in the oven. My husband asked me if there was anything in the washing machine. Normally I would have said I will wash what he needs but tonight I just said no it's empty. It was hard as hell, but I did it. Everyone is leaving me alone now. Lol
Old 11-10-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

Breakdowns often open up opportunities for bring breakthroughs.

Somehow through life, things can get easier. One simple new action can start a wave of doing self-care in new ways. Letting/asking other people wash their own clothes (or ours with their's, if it's in the hamper) can be good self-care.

(((hugs)))
Old 11-10-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sick. I'm running a fever still and for the last 2 days I haven't made my daughter's lunch. While I am comforted by the fact that her private school provides a nice "bought lunch", I'm thinking of everything we caretakers do (not just moms...I'm looking at you, MCESaint and COD!) and how it all goes to heck when we're sick. Wouldn't it be nice to have a service like Uber that would swiffer up the dog hair, make fresh coffee, take the child (or children) to school, take them to the sporting events, and - hey!- I'm sick over here! Bring me some spicy chicken soup and be MY mommy!

Oh, I'm a man and I know that I'm waaaayyyyy more deteriorated and put on the sideline when I don't feel well than compared to most women.

DD (the 18 y.o.) passed me on her cold - you know, runny nose, sneezing, burning up one second and freezing the next??

That left me alone with DS (4 y.o.), who has spent the day playing quietly, watching movies, and time on "his tablet." Not the best way for a 4 year old to spend an entire day, but dad *did* get in some rest this afternoon (after lunch and before starting dinner). We did re-organize his room and get all his clothes unpacked from being out of state. Plus, I finally had enough of stepping on his trains and cars and we got picking them up too.

(Just to explain, DD left home at age 17 to live with grandparents due to AW - and I had her petition to become an emancipated minor to qualify for more federal student aid because we'd spent all of her college money (and all our other savings) on past unsuccessful rehabs of AW -- she's a good kid, but it's senior year of HS and she has a date with a new beau tonight -- so I wasn't going to call on her to help out dear old dad; not for a mere cold, at least; with AW in rehab, DD been staying here more given her school and work schedules -- and we have some nice talks -- gonna miss her when she goes off to college).

Salute to you and COD -- but, I can't claim to be anything, but a whiny guy when it comes to be ill.

MCE Saint
Old 11-10-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sasha. I told DD this morning on the way to school I'd take her to a play-off game tonight at a school pretty far away. As the day went on and my fever/symptoms progressed, I had to tell her the plan had changed. I think I felt way more guilty than her disappointment. I Uber'ed in some sushi and we're in for the night.

That dog hair is going to just have to be for now.....it may morph itself into a rug or something, but I can't do it right now.
Just give those furry tumbleweeds names and rejoice that you don't have to feed or potty train them. They're like virtual pets and will reproduce faster than hamsters and rabbits combined!!

MCE Saint
Old 11-10-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

About that dog hair....
I am a sucker for those dog rescue, clean up, find a new life vids.
Last night I watched one about this poor, neglected yorkie who had finally been taken from a breeding puppy mill.
The groomer took so much matted fur from him that she could have created another dog!
I live with two cats worth of fur myself.
One is a Norwegian Forest cat (much like a Maine Coon) who has incredibly long silky beautiful fur.
That ends up everywhere.
Thank goodness for roombas.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

*HUGS* I totally understand. when he's sick he's DYING. When I'm sick I'm just expected to suck it up and still do everything I normally do.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
Just give those furry tumbleweeds names and rejoice that you don't have to feed or potty train them. They're like virtual pets and will reproduce faster than hamsters and rabbits combined!!

MCE Saint
Tribbles 😄
Old 11-11-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I hope you get better. I feel your pain - we as mothers are under pressure to be always “on”, 24/7

I have a child with special needs and while I always feel like I must get him to therapies and activities no matter how I feel, sometimes I

I actually made use of “mother’s helper” service - for $25/hr they do anything from light cleaning, laundry, meal prep, packing lunches, organizing. I had a nice young lady organize my whole kitchen over 3 hours - it was well worth the $$ investment as the sorry state of my cupboard started to affect my mental health

Take care of yourself!

Old 11-12-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

LPS - hope you are on the rebound and feeling MUCH better today!

You too, MCE!!
Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon!

Yes, I often think about how nice it would be for someone to take care of me for a change. It's not in the cards though...