Notices

Overcame a big trigger (sort of)

Old 11-08-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overcame a big trigger (sort of)

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here....honestly, it’s been awhile since I’ve needed to, which I take to be a good thing. Tonight, a very major part of my drinking past was thrown in my face, by someone who had absolutely no right to do it. In short, when I got my DUI almost 4 years ago, my cousin/best friend/basically my sister bailed me out of jail. Partly because she was the only phone number I knew by heart. And believe me, I almost didn’t even call her. For a little bit, I thought the better way to go was to wait for a judge to ROR me and literally not tell ANYONE about this fiasco. About 20 minutes into sitting in the communal section of jail being served week-old-bologna sandwiches, I called her 848596 times until she answered, and somehow through my crying I finally heard her pick up, and tell me she was already speeding down to get me out.

She was dating this idiot at the time, who happened to accompany her to all of my fiasco, including when she drove me 2 hours home because I obviously didn’t have a car. I wrote her a check to cover my bail money when she dropped me off that night. She ultimately broke up with this guy, thank god, and no one has thought of him since.

Fast forward to today. This idiot has completely come
out of the woodworks. He bothered her all of yesterday. He tried to add me on FB, so naturally i told her about it, and he blatantly admitted to her he did it so she’d talk to him. But in that, he took some really low blows at me. He tried to tell my cousin she owed him money. And when she questioned him about it, he said and I quote “if I recall correctly right around 4 years ago I sat in a bail bond parking lot on New Year’s Day where I put up money for her to get out of jail for a dui. Sound familiar?”

My cousin doesn’t understand the trigger she sent me by screenshotting that message to me. I was SO CLOSE to putting that worst night of my life behind me, and to have some moron out of the woodworks years later throw it back at me to blame my cousin for a whole $100 because of their ex drama...I was SO CLOSE to driving to the liquor store for wine to silence it again.

BUT I DIDN’T!!! 😃 going to see 23 days tomorrow!!
Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! Good to hear that you made it past this hurdle.

Shame is killer.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Congrats! Good to hear that you made it past this hurdle.

Shame is killer.
Thank you so much!
Old 11-09-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well if it's the way you tell it then you kindoff won in the long run. He doesn't seem to be doing so well if he's trying to rekindle a relationship from 4 freakin' years ago and failing at that

So ****'em, just live a good life and try to be as happy as you can, you stopped drinking so won't have a DIU again, he is still an a-hole.

Remmember:

"living well is the best revenge;" -George Herbert
Old 11-09-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Themechanic View Post
Well if it's the way you tell it then you kindoff won in the long run. He doesn't seem to be doing so well if he's trying to rekindle a relationship from 4 freakin' years ago and failing at that

So ****'em, just live a good life and try to be as happy as you can, you stopped drinking so won't have a DIU again, he is still an a-hole.

Remmember:

"living well is the best revenge;" -George Herbert
Lol. This, exactly. Hugs to you, R.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a turdball. Glad you didn’t let him derail you. Sounds like things aren’t so great for him.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by themechanic View Post
well if it's the way you tell it then you kindoff won in the long run. He doesn't seem to be doing so well if he's trying to rekindle a relationship from 4 freakin' years ago and failing at that

So ****'em, just live a good life and try to be as happy as you can, you stopped drinking so won't have a diu again, he is still an a-hole.

Remmember:

"living well is the best revenge;" -george herbert
thank you so much!!
Old 11-09-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Lol. This, exactly. Hugs to you, R.
Thank you so much!!
Old 11-09-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
What a turdball. Glad you didn’t let him derail you. Sounds like things aren’t so great for him.
Exactly. Thank you!