Notices

Two months!

Old 11-06-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two months!

It has been a little over two months since my last drink. I learn so much by everyone's posts every single day. Just when I want to post something that I am feeling or going through but do not know how to put it into words, someone else posts the same exact thing that I am going through. Thank you all so much!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congratulations on 2 months, Chung!!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay! Two months is awesome, you must be feeling like a new person already.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2 months is inspirational Chung. Well done!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice job Chung! Glad to hear it.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well done
Old 11-07-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job, Chung!
Old 11-07-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

great job!
Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awesome! It is amazing to hear from people who get it, isn't it? Glad you are here.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice job. Keep it going. So much better this way isn't it?

-B
Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow - congratulations Chung

D
Old 11-07-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great job on your two months sobriety! SR has done me a world of good, too
Old 11-07-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done, cograts, keep posting and learning and sharing and sdupporting and stuff!
Old 11-08-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you all! In the mere two months that I have lived in sobriety, I feel alive and am starting to gain some self-worth and respect for myself. If I have a thought of possibly thinking that I could "moderate" drinking, first I go back to my experience with moderation (epic fail) and then I read the experiences here with moderation (keeps it fresh for me). Also I play the tape forward and backwards. It is a revelation to me that I actually have a choice to drink or not drink!!! I gave alcohol (an inanimate obiect) all the power over me --- for non-alcoholics this would sound absurd.

I wake up every day alert, no hangover, minimal feelings of shame, regret, or embarrassment ( these feelings will linger with me for a long time because of all the self-inflicted crap I brought onto myself and family).

Best part of my sobriety? My children are much more forth-coming with me and can rely on me every day to be there for them. I can feel their genuine love and caring towards me instead of disappointment and distrust. I realize only time and my consistent sobriety will gain their full trust. I don't expect anything like this will happen overnight. Also, my fiance who I used to drink a lot with, drank a few times without me since I became sober. He got out of hand each time and it really hit me how absolutely annoying, terrifying and such unnecessary chaos that I had created when I drank for years!!! He came to the realization that NOTHING good comes out of drinking alcohol for us and our family. So now we both don't want to drink. Life is far from perfect, but that is just life, stuffing my feelings with alcohol didn't take away life problems, it paralyzed me from finding reasonable, mature solutions.

Side note: frozen snickers are now my best friends (I have never been a sweets person)!
Old 11-09-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chung View Post
Thank you all! In the mere two months that I have lived in sobriety, I feel alive and am starting to gain some self-worth and respect for myself. If I have a thought of possibly thinking that I could "moderate" drinking, first I go back to my experience with moderation (epic fail) and then I read the experiences here with moderation (keeps it fresh for me). Also I play the tape forward and backwards. It is a revelation to me that I actually have a choice to drink or not drink!!! I gave alcohol (an inanimate obiect) all the power over me --- for non-alcoholics this would sound absurd.

I wake up every day alert, no hangover, minimal feelings of shame, regret, or embarrassment ( these feelings will linger with me for a long time because of all the self-inflicted crap I brought onto myself and family).

Best part of my sobriety? My children are much more forth-coming with me and can rely on me every day to be there for them. I can feel their genuine love and caring towards me instead of disappointment and distrust. I realize only time and my consistent sobriety will gain their full trust. I don't expect anything like this will happen overnight. Also, my fiance who I used to drink a lot with, drank a few times without me since I became sober. He got out of hand each time and it really hit me how absolutely annoying, terrifying and such unnecessary chaos that I had created when I drank for years!!! He came to the realization that NOTHING good comes out of drinking alcohol for us and our family. So now we both don't want to drink. Life is far from perfect, but that is just life, stuffing my feelings with alcohol didn't take away life problems, it paralyzed me from finding reasonable, mature solutions.

Side note: frozen snickers are now my best friends (I have never been a sweets person)!

This made me smile. For all the struggle initially, it's this stuff that makes sobriety so worth it and makes me wonder why I waited so long to give myself this.

Thanks for sharing.

-B
Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I’m so happy for you, Chung. I remember reading your posts from two months ago. You have come such a long way. Stay strong!