Notices

Overwhelmed but trying to stay positive

Old 10-30-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed but trying to stay positive

My sponsor says "we are maker of messes". I'm not sure if that is in the big book or not, but its true. I just need to vent, but in the same breath I'm trying to trust my Higher Power. I saw a post in another part of this forum about Acceptance on page 417 -419. It his me so hard. I have to believe that I'm right where I need to be in my life to fix it and get back on track. I always hear that God (if you believe in God) doesn't give us more than we can handle. Sometimes I'm not sure about that. Like I said I'm trying to keep the faith and stay motivated in all aspects. Drinking isn't on my mind these day other then the mess I created, and now trying to clean up. My earlier post I mentioned I was in the hospital. I was on a 72 hr legal hold because I tried to overdose on insulin. I just had enough of everything at that point. I'm glad I'm still here. I have another job interview in the morning since I lost my job a few weeks ago due to being in jail for 3 days. No call no shows. Whats the first thing I do...go drink and gamble some more after I got out. Hospital was a few days after that. I've been hitting meetings everyday since I left the hospital. 1 day at a time as the saying goes.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always hear that God (if you believe in God) doesn't give us more than we can handle. Sometimes I'm not sure about that.
I dunno getitright - not to pile on or beat you up, but most of that stuff you got going on sounds like a mess you made and not God, y'know?

Chances are its all fixable with effort and time, and if not fixable you'll get through it.

Keep doing the next right thing , keep working on your recovery and keep facing up to the things you've done and things will get better
Old 10-31-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I wasnt trying to blame God at all. I dont mean to come across that I was. I meant that I'm trusting God to help me with my addiction. I know I made the messes.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cool man - I guess what I meant was we make the messes and we can clean them up too - may take a little time is all

D
Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One of the best parts of quitting for good is knowing that you don't have to worry about creating any new messes or problems from your drinking.