Notices

Day 5 again.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 again.

Heading into day 5. Again. I've made some pretty serious strides into sobriety this month. I will say withdrawal is worse this time than it was 2 weeks ago. The anxiety really gets me. I went to my daughter's concert last night and the sound of the kids tuning their violins made me so incredibly uncomfortable and then it escalated from there. I felt like one of those paintings of a person freaking out about to explode on the inside, but totally calm and put together on the outside. When it was over I literally ran to my car, I felt like something horrible was going to happen if I couldn't calm myself down. The feeling stayed with me all night and into the morning.

I started feeling better this afternoon, just keep plugging away. I know it will get better, each and every day.

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh that’s the worst feeling! I’m just a day ahead of you. My anxiety was through the charts awful! It is on a regular basis though. I had that happen to me once eating lunch out. The music was loud, people were taking over it, my kids were being crazy. Tears just started rolling down my face. Hang in there!
Old 10-31-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep reading and posting - the way through that intense sensitivity is to not drink again - you'll find support here when you need it - reach out

D
Old 10-31-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anxiety attacks. I got them regularly while drinking. Awful.
The good news is, the longer you're sober the less they will come. So stay strong in sobriety.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm only two days ahead of you but i feel a whole better now on this Halloween day then I did at day one. As they say it can only get better if you work at it. I pray a lot, smudge, call my good friends, call help lines and of course use this site. Work it and the results will show.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you talked with your doctor about the possibilty of prescribing a benzo like Ativan or Klonopin? Both work wonders for anxiety issues as well as other withdrawal symptoms like the shakes, etc..
Old 11-01-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

Just a reminder to everyone that although we can share our experience in a general, please don;t recommend meds for others.

what worked for us may not work or evenbe suitable for someone else.

D
Old 11-03-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Dee,
This is why I started by asking, "have you talked with your doctor". I will never again mention specific meds, but rather than suffer through the anxiety (which I, personally, have had for more than a decade), why not recommend seeking medical advice?
This forum has been extremely helpful to me, so I will once again go over the "rules".
Thank you for your response and I apologize for any misunderstanding.
- Thirteen
Old 11-03-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok. I reread the section on Medical Advice which covers exactly what I referenced in my original post. Again, my apologies.
- Thirteen
Old 11-03-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries thir teen - it took me a while to get the medical adviCe rule too.

'this is what I did' is usually ok, providing what you did is not dangerous, illegal or whatever...

'this is what you should do' even with a 'talk to your doctor' caveat is probably medical advice.

D
Old 11-03-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Giggler - hows it going?

D