Notices

You will feel better you have no choice

Old 10-25-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You will feel better you have no choice

If you don't drink you can only face yourself, your circumstances and feeling and emotions. That is not always comfortable.

I am experiencing a series of revelations inside over the last few weeks. I can see so clearly how my poor thinking and emotional control has really hindered me. I feel stupid in a lot of ways for not understanding earlier in my life. In some ways it seems I am growing very fast just now from a child like to adult realisation.

I went for years ploughing a furrow in stressful career just to have material security. The thing is I realise now it was stressful because of how I perceived it.

PS sorry about click bait title.

PPS 14 weeks
Old 10-25-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm experiencing the same thoughts and emotions Gerard. It's a lot of information that we're now having to process. Hopefully it will level out soon.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

PS sorry about click bait title

Oh Gerard - you ARE a tease 😂😂
Old 10-25-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
I am growing very fast just now from a child like to adult realisation.

PPS 14 weeks

Congrats on 14 weeks.

I had similar feelings. I started drinking at the university when I was 19 and I drank at every social interaction from then on, drinking daily by the time I was 22.

I was 44 the last time I drank alcohol and around four months after that I had the realization that I had no idea who I was. I hid behind the 19 year old kid and never let the man inside of me grow, or if he did grow I hid him away someplace where I didn't know who he was.

It was pretty profound. At first this was troubling to me but as I've gotten to know myself in the year+ since it's actually refreshing.