Awareness: allowing easy changes in life

Old 10-24-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Awareness: allowing easy changes in life

The body already knows how to do this & we can tap into this body-knowing. The more we do it, or by taking new approaches, the easier this becomes.

Everything in life changes constantly. Every cell, every breath in, every new sunrise brings changes. In finding awareness of the good in changes, I learn how to allow more good changes in my life.

Good feelings are a learned habit for me. Learning to allow the right-brain/left-brain connections to easily develop through play, art, music.

Allowing technical and logistical flow to be integrated with positive emotions.

Fun fact: cross crawling is great for adults as well as kids!

Cross crawl refers to movements in which we use opposition such as crawling, walking, running, and swimming. Opposition means that opposite sides of the body work together to coordinate the right arm and left leg, then the left arm and right leg.

Therapeutically, cross crawl refers to any intentional cross-lateral activity in which you cross the mid-line of the body, such as touching opposite hand and knee or foot. Performing this movement builds the bridge between the right and left hemispheres of the brain, allowing for electrical impulses and information to pass freely between the two, which is essential for physical coordination as well as cerebral activities, such as learning language, reading, and hand-to-eye coordination.

As soon as we start to crawl, this cross-lateral pattern of movement stimulates more complex brain and nervous system development and integration. In addition to firing neural pathways in the right and left brain hemispheres simultaneously, a cross crawl movement stabilizes the pelvis while mobilizing the shoulders, reinforcing the walking-gait reflexes.

In short, any time you do cross crawl, you are re-integrating your brain and nervous system and re-organizing your mind-body connections.

Because we are daily, hourly, being bombarded and impacted by multiple stimuli and tasks, practicing cross-crawl throughout the day is one of the best self-care activities you can do for yourself. Love yourself and your family by building cross-crawl into your daily schedule. Think of it as a basic part of wellness, like drinking plenty of water. You will not only feel clearer, you will behave and perform better. Try it before homework, testing, or an important meeting, after anything stressful and between different kinds of activities. If you’ve been reading and it’s time to go play soccer – cross crawl. If you’re frustrated with a project – cross-crawl. You need to clear some cobwebs or recharge – cross crawl!

Through mind-body science, we now understand that physical coordination precedes cognitive coordination. The ability to do cross-lateral movements with the body literally lays the foundation for other cognitive abilities, such as readiness for fine motor academic work.

Here’s what cross-crawl is doing for you physically and mentally:

– stabilizes your walking gait coordination
– builds core strength
– energizes your body and calms your mind
– releases tension and stress
– improves your eye teaming skills
– essential for focus, reading, and writing
– enhances whole brain thinking
– develops proprioception, your spatial and kinesthetic awareness
– effective way to reboot your nervous system
– reintegrate mind and body.

You can use it regularly to both discharge and recharge your attention and energy. It’s a great break from over- focusing and it works just as well to bring body and mind online. As a stress buster or a warm-up for doing your best, cross crawl has significant social-emotional benefits.

1. Self awareness
2. Insight
3. Clarity
4. Impulse control
5. Physical coordination

I have a good friend who required a great deal of physical therapy to learn this and found it amazingly beneficial!

Kid re-learned crawling as part of his therapy at 7 years old. Cool stuff.

Stand-up exercises can be fun. So is doing crawling races on a lawn or inside.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Reminding to keep committing to a regular yoga practice too. It has brought me a lot of peace - thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm currently doing this yoga practice - every day for 90 days :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QXWp6Ss0lkopIX

I'm on day 11 (approx 30 mins per day) and really noticing the effect it's having on my mood

1. Self awareness
2. Insight
3. Clarity
4. Impulse control
5. Physical coordination

Noticing big shifts.....wonder how I'll feel in 80 days lol ! The teacher does cross crawl moves too

Old 10-28-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Such an interesting and insightful post. Thank you. Yeah the body has a lot of wisdom.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Nuture your creative side

Just for me, just for today: Allowing creative actions to open up awareness, self-kindness and ease.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Confidence, good expectations, healthy connections, allowing fun and body knowledge are learned practices.

Meditation: I allow good connections in this day.

#healthyconnections
#goodkarma
Old 01-31-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

I bought a new basketball recently. Dribbling, throwing the ball high in the air, catching it, spinning it around, shooting hoops, rebounding, using a different lead foot, changing things up, alternating hands. Connecting mind, body, spirit.

Life balance.

#healingactions
#goodbalance
Old 01-31-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good