Notices

One for the ladies.....

Old 10-24-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One for the ladies.....

Every single month I get so far with my sobriety... Maybe like 3-5 weeks and then I end up out for one night and ill after. It always coincides with my time of the month. Any ladies have any advice for how to beat the craving at this time? I get paranoid, sad, lonely and teary with hormones. Even though it happens every month, I always think I'm going crazy and getting really down. I don't take the rest I need because I feel upto high doe with nerves.

I guess my first point of self care will have to be more rest at this time. Please share some of your helpful tips to remain sober at this time
Old 10-24-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you switch the carb source: pasta, bread, and chocolate for the cravings? You are already aware of the emotional issues, perhaps plan for those a week ahead of time - maybe find some good movies to cue up, check out some books you’ve wanted to read. If you can’t sit still, clean your house, go for a walk, take up running, anything to get over that craving.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi😊

I’m too old to have those teams of the month anymore, but I’m wondering if, from your post, that going ‘out’ is also an issue this early on in your sobriety

If you’re needing socialization, any chance you could have friends come over with the pretense that no alcohol will be in the house nor served? I agree with the above… Load up other different carbs.... we are addicted to the sugar as well as the alcohol. Until you get some sober muscle time it’s an idea to help with the cravings .
Old 10-24-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh. Times. Not teams. 😂
Old 10-24-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, do carbs work? I love pasta and bread, so would be very happy with that! I also eat a tonne of chocolate as it is... I do enjoy running. I mean, I've been joining new things but I just don't have a connection with anyone right now. You know someone you'd want to invite around that is committed to a sober life... I just don't have those people in my life at the minute. The people I thought were my best friends in hindsight were either a bit toxic, or just drinking buddies. It's a lonely stand to take. I know they say the right people should gravitate towards you, I just can't believe that this will happen. I miss the closeness of friendship or the closeness of a partner .I've been really pushing myself out of my comfort zone to meet people... And I've felt this feeling for many, many years like I can't meet anyone that connects with me on my level.... I'm quite a deep thinker, lover of the outdoors and nature, I do the see the good and take pleasure in the simplest of things.... I just can't find anyone similar.... That doesn't drink.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I struggle with this, too! They talk about HALT triggers, but hormones sometimes mean you spend days being hungry, angry, and tired, and with no fix but time. I'm struggling to pull myself out of a long slip up and keep finding my hormones are sabotaging my efforts. ... Among the things that sabotage my efforts.
​​​​​​
Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stars,

I think that having a good plan in place might help you to get through this. My suggestion would be to look carefully at your diet during that time, and also to get some extra exercise.