Notices

Feels like death

Old 10-23-2018, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feels like death

Been drinking at least of fifth of 100 proof alcohol everyday for over a year. Last few weeks I barely eat and now I can’t even drink to get drunk because my stomach hurts to bad and I need to stop. 26 years old I can’t do this to myself anymore. I was going to get help in January when I had insurance and now I don’t. I feel foolish posting here idk what I’m doing posting on this website maybe It’ll help me.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Was wondering if anyone knows any way to make my stomach not feel the way it does
Old 10-23-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi JHM, You are not foolish posting on this site. This is a very supportive community and we can support you. But it sounds like the level of drinking you’ve been doing, you may need more. Maybe detox? The stomach issues you are having may be related to the alcohol and/or another medical condition. Regardless of your insurance situation, consider seeking medical help soon. You can always bounce back with finances. I’m not a doctor but personally I’d go to ER then evaluate long term options for sobriety from there. You are so young. If you stop now, you may be able to reverse any damage caused by heavy alcohol abuse. It gets worse if you continue though.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey,
Call AA in your area for options. They have people manning the phone that will know what you can do as far as treatment that is local to you and can work best in whatever your situation may be. Just google AA help line (your city).
As far as your stomach, those protein shake things from Walgreens called Boost or Ensure helped me a little when even water was tough to keep down.
Good start reaching out here. Keep reaching out in other ways
Old 10-23-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome JHM.

I agree with fearless. Your withdrawal may be very dangerous, get medical help soon and deal with finances later.

Only a dr can diagnose your stomach pain.

Welcome to SR, you are in the right place here.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Reaching out for help in anyways, is a great first step. I agree with calling your local aa chapter. Someone will be more than willing to help you with the next step in your area.
I agree it does keep getting worse and worse. I tried quitting so many times in my twenties. I really wish I would have for good then.
I detoxed at home over a month ago, my mom stayed with me and had some zofran to stop the puking. But it was scary, I was so sick for several days. And even had some hallucinations.
Your so young, you can do this.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

JHM, at your age it's a very good thing that you are realizing that you need to stop, as you have many years ahead of you to enjoy living a healthy life. Listen to your body now and do what's necessary to get a medical evaluation, especially given with how you have been consuming a large amount for an extended period of time. You'll feel more secure knowing that you are going to be okay as your body detoxes.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will send up a prayer for you. You can get through this.

I agree with walking into a hospital, and then doing everything they suggest. Also, if you're in the US, open enrollment for state funded insurance is coming up Nov. 1, so you could look into that. Hospitals can help get you enrolled, as well.

There are many people who want to help you if you let them. Walking into an AA meeting or a local church can put you on the path to healing.

https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/when...en-enrollment/
Old 10-24-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WELCOME Jhm. I suggest you see a doc, first up about your physical health- maybe detox? Joins some of the thread's in the Newcomer's forums, go to some meetings- get involved with your recovery by having a recovery plan (Sticky's has info).
Support to you.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome to the site.

we are the same age bro. keep fighting. i'm only on day 12. we deserve to live better lives.

stay strong!
Old 10-24-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing JHM?

D
Old 10-24-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Try electrolyte drinks and liquid meal replacements. Then soup. I’m having a hard time with food too. You are not alone. You are young and have a great life ahead of you.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You don’t have to have insurance to get medical care at a hospital. You will get billed, but you can negotiate that. I think it’s most important for you to have care because you don’t know what you’re dealing with.

I hope you feel better soon, and I hope you will decide to become sober and come here for support....it’s a great place
Old 11-02-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So far so good minus a few things

so After my first post a drank a few more days “cutting back” still half a fifth.. but my last drink I consumed was on Saturday October 27th, it’s now November 2nd, Sunday Monday and Tuesday involved no sleep and not eating anything but a banana and some water. Wednesday and Thursday nights I thought I heard people I know outside yelling at me to come outside and no one was there, happened many times. One time I tried chasing them down cuz I saw some light that looked like cell phones. I never caught up to them! Lol almost called the cops because these people outside were so annoying. Got a bit of sleep the night of the first but my dreams were so crazy and vivid.(also random music playing loudly that no one else could hear) But I did wake up feeling “cleaner” or something like getting a bit of rest and not having alcohol in my system my body had to kill off. But it’s the night of the second and and I plan on going strong so 6 days sober. Haven’t done that since I was in jail last.
Hope everyone on this site gets the help they need and deserve. Stay sober!
Old 11-02-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, JHM, and I'm glad that you aren't drinking now. My beginning to a trip of sobriety began in jail, you reminded me of that time. It was surrealistic after the days prior of drinking. I showed up at the jail and didn't blow clean and was promptly put into the "fish bowl" where you were isolated with other miscreants. We were not allowed anything, not even a big book that was in the "library" to distract us from our conditions of a glass cage. I had plenty of episodes of hearing things that were probably not real during those days. But I did start a plan for what I was going to do when I got out of the clink, and that involved being in a place of mandatory sobriety. It was good for me, and I started going to therapy, to AA daily, and hung out with other people who were not substance seekers. What will you be doing to bolster your days of abstinence ahead?
Old 11-02-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six days sober! Whatever you do, don't drink!
Old 11-02-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on 6 days

D
Old 11-02-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jesushelpme View Post
so After my first post a drank a few more days “cutting back” still half a fifth.. but my last drink I consumed was on Saturday October 27th, it’s now November 2nd, Sunday Monday and Tuesday involved no sleep and not eating anything but a banana and some water. Wednesday and Thursday nights I thought I heard people I know outside yelling at me to come outside and no one was there, happened many times. One time I tried chasing them down cuz I saw some light that looked like cell phones. I never caught up to them! Lol almost called the cops because these people outside were so annoying. Got a bit of sleep the night of the first but my dreams were so crazy and vivid.(also random music playing loudly that no one else could hear) But I did wake up feeling “cleaner” or something like getting a bit of rest and not having alcohol in my system my body had to kill off. But it’s the night of the second and and I plan on going strong so 6 days sober. Haven’t done that since I was in jail last.
Hope everyone on this site gets the help they need and deserve. Stay sober!
great job on your sober time! That’s so so great. My detox was very similar, the first few days I couldn’t eat and was so sick. Then I started hearing things. I woke up at 4am hearing what I thought was my brother playing video games cussing at the tv. I went downstairs to tell him to quiet down and no one was there. I then kept hearing music outside like a party was going on. Everytime I went to tell people to shut up, no one would be there. I didn’t realize that auditory hallucinations were even a thing! I just thought I was going insane!
Keep going strong!