Notices

help so flat out

Old 10-22-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

help so flat out

Please can I ask some advice. I have tried hard to achieve long lasting sobriety but have struggled with slips relapses. I don’t drink everyday maybe once or twice a week about 30 units or more. Not happy about this and struggle with feeling like a complete failover. However at the moment day 4 off a one night relapse I am feeling and have been feeling for weeks totally wiped out and exhausted. I’m starting to worry it’s something serious as I didn’t drink that much less than a lot of my friends. Is it normal to feel so tired 4 days after a drink even if I drionk only once twice a week? Feel totally flat and I also have anxiety n a bit of depression for weeks now no motivation at all. Is this withdrawal because I wasn’t a daily drinker can it still affect me like this ?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would say yes. Sounds like Kindling.

Best thing for you to do if it's causing issues is to just quit completely and then give it a few months. I really didn't feel like myself for almost a year, though I did feel quite a bit better at 3-4 months.

30 units is well above the recommended level for a week's worth of alcohol, let alone in one drinking event. About four times the recommended level for a woman for a whole week - there are going to be consequences to binge drinking.

Give it a chance. I think it takes a very long time for the body to completely heal. Good nutrition and exercise helped me quite a bit.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, google kindling and you will see how the cumulative effects of alcohol may be what's bothering you. If you are concerned, be sure to talk to your doctor.