Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Law of Attraction: letting go of desires allows them to appear sooner

Old 10-21-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Can anyone help explain this?

I've experienced this. I don't have a clue how it happens.

Law of attraction is beautiful, illogical and logical at the same time.

Playtime. Finding joy. Allowing all emotions to flow and consciously directing them to the good in life. I'm going to go toss around some mandarin oranges. I'm getting really good at throwing them high in many different ways. Over beams, through a pot rack, left hand, right hand. I catch them often, and when they fall I enjoy that with playfulness, too. 'Rolling the mandarin' games also naturally have come about, by myself and also with kid.

As I turn my attention to enjoyment of life, of having more conscious awareness aka mindfulness, life simply and easily keeps working out.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been thinking about something similar all day. When I distract myself from a worry that can't be fixed immediately, somehow it gets solved. In my case, when I began to start taking care of myself and feeling stronger in my relationship, my xab left me. And the fog is slowly lifting when I'm realizing what a blessing it was because I was willing to cling to him forever. Now all I can do is try to keep the momentum through my friend and let whatever forces drive me toward the path I'm meant for.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

The more I heal the more abundant choices I have.

In this one moment, choices can be much more limited and focused. In being aware of this, everything changes.

Here's the thing. You don't have many choices in any moment. Your choices are very limited in this moment.

I can feel that thought that feels a little better or that thought that feels a little worse. That's the extent of your choices. You can think about a lot of subjects, but let it be an emotional choice. Let it be an energy choice. Let it be a "how does it feel in my solar plexus?" choice.

You can be as happy or miserable as you decide to be in any moment.

You have to have a little positive energy flow going to even know you have those choices.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fightingfair View Post
I've been thinking about something similar all day. When I distract myself from a worry that can't be fixed immediately, somehow it gets solved. In my case, when I began to start taking care of myself and feeling stronger in my relationship, my xab left me. And the fog is slowly lifting when I'm realizing what a blessing it was because I was willing to cling to him forever. Now all I can do is try to keep the momentum through my friend and let whatever forces drive me toward the path I'm meant for.
It's interesting and I think you hit the nail on the head.

You began taking care of yourself and feeling stronger in your relationship.

Stronger in yourself perhaps?

I don't think there is necessarily "magic" here, I think what happens is that when you take the grip off of the problem or situation you cannot fix, it does tend to work itself out because YOU change your approach.

It's not that you did "nothing" it's that you did something.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Here's the thing. You don't have many choices in any moment. Your choices are very limited in this moment.
In this moment, I'm laying on green grass with colorful leaves around. The sun is bright, warm and dependable. I appreciate this life, this moment fully.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just 💚💚💚 this.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post

I don't think there is necessarily "magic" here, I think what happens is that when you take the grip off of the problem or situation you cannot fix, it does tend to work itself out because YOU change your approach.

Pretty much this. We obsess over things that we have no control over and they're gonna do what they're gonna do...and we're able to handle or even enjoy it. We just jumped over all that unnecessary stress and worry.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

100%

I like to play a little game I call "I don't see problem" - when problems arise, when I don't react or treat them as problems and they work themselves out
Old 11-03-2019, 01:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ye.. All those... I need this now... When I forgot about them they'd show up in droves. Somebody said. If you ask the universe for something it says yes. So don't ask. Say I love my lovely new car.. Or how my body is getting stronger... My freedom.

I love the quantum entanglement theory.. But can't explain it as simply.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

As I turn my attention to enjoyment of life, of having more conscious awareness aka mindfulness, life simply and easily keeps working out.

I surrender & step forward in having fun and enjoying this day!!
Old 12-11-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post

I don't think there is necessarily "magic" here, ... it does tend to work itself out because YOU change your approach.

Okay, so six years ago one of my cats (didn't know which but had a hunch) became un-housebroken. I took her to the vet. She found nothing. (BTW, leaving her for the morning to get a urine sample = 1/2 day of 'boarding' and costs $18) I tried different litters. We put her on Prozac.

Then *I* went back on antidepressants. (cause I was in a state, after Mom died, and life sucked.) Once I did some self care around my problem...I started cleaning the litter boxes on a regular basis and *the cat* was cured.

Isn't it a Buddhist philosophy that all unhappiness is rooted in coveting things we don't have?
Old 12-11-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Husband was out drinking again last night while I was at work. If he wasn't at the bar he'd have time to wash the dishes. I didn't clean the dishes. Husband came home. Husband tried to argue that I didn't wash the dishes. I didn't pick up the rope. I didn't argue about it. Daughter and I had plans tonight. The dishes were cleaned. I had a nice evening because I didn't get upset.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Can anyone help explain this?

I've experienced this. I don't have a clue how it happens.

Law of attraction is beautiful, illogical and logical at the same time.

Playtime. Finding joy. Allowing all emotions to flow and consciously directing them to the good in life. I'm going to go toss around some mandarin oranges. I'm getting really good at throwing them high in many different ways. Over beams, through a pot rack, left hand, right hand. I catch them often, and when they fall I enjoy that with playfulness, too. 'Rolling the mandarin' games also naturally have come about, by myself and also with kid.

I have experienced this on too many occasions for it to be a coincidence. I dont understand it, but I like to think it's my HP being active in my life. Holding onto anything too tight just doesnt seem to be the answer for me. it usually results in a downward spiral. letting go frees me