Realistically Hopeful

Old 10-20-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Realistically Hopeful

Realistically hopeful

What has happened, has happened. What you think about it, what you feel about it, what you do about it, that’s all up to you.

There may be ample reasons to feel despair. Even so, you can make the choice instead to be hopeful, and realistically so.

True hope is not an empty fantasy. It is a decision you make about how you intend to move forward.

Being realistically hopeful is being ready and willing to support your hope with your persistent efforts, your attitude, your commitment and priorities. Realistic hope is always possible because the situation will change, and your hope can influence the direction of that change.

Hope is much more powerful than a mere wish for things to get better. Hope energizes you to do the work that will make things better.

The world at times can lay great difficulty upon you. Meet it always with the power of real hope, and let that hope push you to transform each challenge into new achievement.

— Ralph Marston
Old 10-20-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This reading reminds me today that if I cannot change my circumstance, I can adjust my attitude and make something of it.

I don't have to simply live in the problem, I can work toward a solution taking me out of the darkness into the light.

It's not just positive thinking...it is positive LIVING. Doing the do things to take care of myself, finding the joy in each day, working toward goals to achieve what I need for a better path ahead.

I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, 4 years ago. It floored me to say the least, but what I have learned is that when I pay attention, eat right, live right and keep my mind in a positive mode and with the miracle of modern medicine...that I may very well live a long time. I am living with cancer, not dying from it. It is not curable (yet) but it is treatable. My lesions are smaller today than they were when I began, the excellent medications I take today were not even around 4 years ago and I expect better ones are yet to come.

I have hiked mountains with my nephew and his family, and gone whale watching with my niece. I walk in nature every day and embrace the beauty around me. This is as big a part of my treatment as any medication, and I don't plan to check out any time soon.

I share this because we all face our own adversities. But they don't have to be our demise. We can do things to make our lives better and I promise you all that it matters. We get to "live" life, not endure it, we can move forward and not linger in the despair yesterday brought.

Each one of us has choices today, and I hope you will all choose to be realistically hopeful and take the action to make your dreams come true.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I like the idea of hope giving us the energy to make changes to improve our lives! Thank you, Ann!
Old 10-26-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks, Seren. I know that "hope" has seen us both through some dark days, it's been the candle in our heart that gave us light when the world seemed to have turned off the sun.

True hope is not an empty fantasy. It is a decision you make about how you intend to move forward.
Hope is much more powerful than a mere wish for things to get better. Hope energizes you to do the work that will make things better.
I like to add that hope is most important, when our world appears to be "hopeless". That's when we need the energy to keep going, walking in faith...even blind faith...that things will change and get better one day soon.

Hugs
Old 11-26-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Many thanks to you, Ann, for a(nother) wonderful and "hope-filled" share from the writings of Ralph Marston. It is amazing one person can be filled to the brim with such wisdom and chooses to inspire us through sharing his gift via the written word.

Sending up prayers today for Ann and all who encounter challenges to health - praying for continued hope, healing, comfort and peace.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you, Anaya.

Although I originally posted this a month or more ago, it is especially poignant at this holiday season. It can be a time when we are more sensitive to life's despair...but it can also be a time to prepare some ideas of how we will make the days ahead happier.

I am decking my halls today, reflecting on Christmas past and making this one special in its own way. I will relish the pretty lights, November truly is the grayest time of year.

I hope everyone here can find a way to make this holiday season special in some meaningful way.

Hugs and Love to each of you.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As I expected Ann, a post that reflects your strength and joy in living today, this moment- now. It resonated with me greatly, thank you.