Notices

Need to post struggling today

Old 10-19-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to post struggling today

Hello folks. It is day 11 alcohol and cig free. Yesterday was good day i thought Universe smiled to me . Today went to housing and some obstacles again . But i managed although became a bit low. And my friend offered help to do shopping a bossom friend i trust. And trust was broken . He started being grumpy and projecting on me his anger when i set up clear boundaries. Anyway in honesty i said i cannot tolerate some of his behaviour as it is upsetting and i take some time off to let him reflect. I m at home and started from being angry to panick anxiety. First time in my head was you can sedate this but very quickly i removed the thought . I gave up smoking it was hard effort , quitt alcohol and promised myself to bear any adversity. So day 11 it is. I m gonna drink glass of water and move myself to gym to exercise emotions and fear. I m posting as this one thought scared meto death. It is only 11 days but it was a lot of hard work . Not wasting it... in respect to myself . Ok hope all are safe . Bring day 12 whatever it brings x D
Old 10-19-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are handling this well. Stress and frustration are big triggers for many people here. But all it really takes is a little time and distraction. The gym is a great move!

Stay focused and bear that adversity. You got this.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks orderfororder this is a plan . I have Sober Recovery and 11 days managinig stress with sukcess. Every day i manage well will build up my resialience and self worth . Thank you from heart. Sometimes i feel guilty i post struggles and thought yesterday that today i d post nice poem . But upps struggle ... but not drinking . Thanks x
Old 10-19-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on 11 days sober and not smoking. Both
of those are huge addictions and each takes time
and footwork of listening, learning, absorbing and
applying many healthy steps in achieving a strong,
solid recovery foundation to live upon as you move
forward.

Sober Recovery and many other programs of
recovery are available to help you on your new
journey. Never hesitate to share what's on your
mind or ask for helpful suggestions on how to
do something.

It is in not asking and keeping things bottled
up that will fester and keep you from growing
in recovery and life.

Sometimes we take a few steps forward and
there are days we step back a few. Dont be discouraged
because recovery life is a journey and not a race.

And dont forget that picking up a drink or
any kind of controlled substance will only
bring you back where you started from. Back
onto the merry go round of insanity.

To achieve success in sobriety would mean
complete abstinence incorporating a program
of recovery on a continuous bases with no
reservations that one day you, we, or us can
ever drink successfully. It didn't work before,
it wont work now nor will it work 10 20 30 million
yrs from now for us who are sick with addiction.

We are here for you each and every day to
listen, care, understand and support you so
that you never have to go thru anything alone
or by yourself again.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Right now, right here

Originally Posted by allishope73 View Post
Hello folks. It is day 11 alcohol and cig free. Yesterday was good day i thought Universe smiled to me . Today went to housing and some obstacles again . But i managed although became a bit low. And my friend offered help to do shopping a bossom friend i trust. And trust was broken . He started being grumpy and projecting on me his anger when i set up clear boundaries. Anyway in honesty i said i cannot tolerate some of his behaviour as it is upsetting and i take some time off to let him reflect. I m at home and started from being angry to panick anxiety. First time in my head was you can sedate this but very quickly i removed the thought . I gave up smoking it was hard effort , quitt alcohol and promised myself to bear any adversity. So day 11 it is. I m gonna drink glass of water and move myself to gym to exercise emotions and fear. I m posting as this one thought scared meto death. It is only 11 days but it was a lot of hard work . Not wasting it... in respect to myself . Ok hope all are safe . Bring day 12 whatever it brings x D
Post all you need allishope! Looks like you are doing a great job handling this obastacle
Old 10-19-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys . Yes i went to gym .. went to tesco got lots of awesome reduced staff paid about 3 pounds for food worth 35 ... all good veg good salads fruit lamb ...i was laughing that food for my adopted cat was the most expensive . So cooking tomorrow for relaxation and from Monday visiting other housings . I made a list . I m thinking why not to treat it as survivor camp .... i m alone in foreign country on sick no family no husband ... after 15 years living in golden bubble it is a good exercise to check survival skills . I m also planning to start swapping one coffee with herbal tea from tomorrow. I m ready coffee is my only vice that i love for years strong boiled aromatic .. but want to cut down to 2 a day and introduce green teas. So its a plan . I m not gonna lie i am scared of future. I see now my anxiety is directly linked to life circumstances and scared knowing this chaos will not end soon . But it is smaller chaos than numbing through drink . At least after panick i m able to fight and deal . I do like myself more nowdays that i m not giving up . It shows character and passion for life. So tommorow instead of anxiety post will be poem post . Thank you sleep safe all x D
Old 10-19-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing well. Having a cat is always helpful. Getting exercising and shopping for good food are all tools that will help you to recover. I'm glad you know you will be able to deal with your anxiety without alcohol.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you had a rough day in parts but congratulations for getting through allishope. hope tomorrow is better
D
Old 10-20-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

How is your day going allishope? x
Old 10-20-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

MantaLady it is day 12 today ...going well ... i like weekends as no appointments no scary staff as all closed so enjoying cleaning windows ... cooking ... music and the cat that adopted me as second home. There are moments of fear ... but i talk to myself ... do not hold to your attachments ... you came to country 12 years ago with one suitcase and one husband . Built up life through hard work . Now possessions might gone but you have yourself and can start again . Health first after wealth after love after happiness xxx thank you dearly for asking so kind ...xD
Old 10-20-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, allishope--congratulations on day 12! I'm so glad you posted when you were struggling and that you are having a good cleaning today and enjoying your kitty; I love having that animal energy around, but can't have a pet where I'm living at the moment.
Best wishes for a lovely, peaceful, sober day!