Saturday check in! How are you doing today?

Old 10-13-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Saturday check in! How are you doing today?

Hafa Adai!

How are you doing, friends?

I'm feeling cozy, warm and comfortable. At peace. Nicely surprised at the ease of this feeling and these words.

Mango

#reflections #healthyconnections
Old 10-14-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mango,

My Saturday was great. Took my DS7 and my parents to the LA Zoo. I had to do a project for my Biology class. They had wonderful Halloween decorations there. It was a good day.

How was your weekend?
Old 10-14-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Very cool! Sounds like a fun day.

Mine, as a whole, wonderful. Thank you for asking.

In bits and pieces, today is improving.

4 1/2 months since I left this last time. After many years of marriage, almost 4 years of my husband hitting one bottom after another, rehabs and him finding some good periods of recovery in small pieces, I'm balancing out. My recovery is strong. I'm thankful for the time I've lived apart from him before this. This time it's easier. I know how to do this now. I've gained strength, more skills and greater faith in things always working out. Some smaller waves of emotions were hitting this morning and again feeling whatever comes. Allowing awareness. One foot in front of the other.

I like where I am.

I like the direction I'm heading in.

Playing with puppy & card games with kid, plus quiet time. Music has been on all day and very welcomed!
Old 10-14-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Very cool! Sounds like a fun day.

Mine, as a whole, wonderful. Thank you for asking.

In bits and pieces, today is improving.

4 1/2 months since I left this last time. After many years of marriage, almost 4 years of my husband hitting one bottom after another, rehabs and him finding some good periods of recovery in small pieces, I'm balancing out. My recovery is strong. I'm thankful for the time I've lived apart from him before this. This time it's easier. I know how to do this now. I've gained strength, more skills and greater faith in things always working out. Some smaller waves of emotions were hitting this morning and again feeling whatever comes. Allowing awareness. One foot in front of the other.

I like where I am.

I like the direction I'm heading in.

Playing with puppy & card games with kid, plus quiet time. Music has been on all day and very welcomed!
I too remember going through several periods of No Contact with my husband. I too left one time when we were still together. I only lasted a week before I believed his promises and went back. Most of the time I would kick him out after about a week he would always came back around asking for forgiveness and promising to get better but it never happened.

Good for you that you have remained away from your husband for a little over 4 months. I know that this is hard to do but it in the end that is what is best for you and kid. Slowly but surely every day you are growing in strength.