Notices

42 days sober

Old 10-09-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

42 days sober

Just checking in guys. I’ve been so busy with stuff that my month anniversary just passed me by which I guess is a good sign.

I have got to the point now where not drinking is normal and I’m not looking for it. I obviously need to be vigilant but the longer my sobriety goes on the more normal it feels.

My life has suddenly become really busy in all aspects. We decided to buy a family pet which has been a positive experience. Everyday now I’m having to look after my new dog! The last time I gave up drinking the hardest thing for me was the boredom. This time around I have quite a few things keeping me busy which really helps.

Hope everyone is doing ok out there. For those who are struggling keep your chin up, things can get better if you want them to. Biggest hurdle for me was actually making a decision and plan to stop. I set a date and worked towards that. Not everyone on here thought that was a good idea but it worked for me. I needed to get my head around giving up the booze because we addicted on so many levels. Going cold turkey was too extreme for me. October and November are great months to stop drinking because there is not much going on! If you can start now it will make the Christmas period a little easier to get through.

Good luck everyone
Old 10-09-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you whatsgoingon - 42 days is great

Stay vigilant tho - if your like me you drank for years - your addiction probably has a few last ditch efforts to throw at you yet