Grateful for what it's taught me, thus far!

Old 10-06-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for what it's taught me, thus far!

I normally post in here to vent when I'm not feeling good or trying to understand something.

Today I'm posting something positive. After chatting with a friend I'm doing a course with, I've realised all that I am grateful for, from my relationship, all it has taught me and my learning thus far.

I am grateful for all I'm learning as a result of that relationship.

I am grateful that I never want to date an addict of any kind again.

I am grateful that I want to have a healthy relationship with myself for probably the first time, and that's exciting.

I am grateful that I will now pay attention to red flags when they pop up, because I now realise the pain that ignoring them causes.

I am grateful to him for showing me what an unhealthy relationship is, so I can recognise it and choose a good one instead.

I am grateful for me, and how hard I'm working at learning to get through the last few months and the next few months/years whatever it takes. I am a kind decent loving and good person with so much to offer.

I am grateful not to be around that kind of relationship where there is accepting of crumbs from table, of putting my needs bottom of the list, of never having what I want validated and of feeling so inferior.

I believe and am worthy of a great life, and a healthy relationship first and foremost with myself.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a great list Glenjo! Isn't it amazing what you have discovered in such a short time?

For this one:

I am grateful to him for showing me what an unhealthy relationship is, so I can recognise it and choose a good one instead.

I see it as:

I am grateful to myself for realizing what an unhealthy relationship is so I can recognize it and choose a good one instead.

Just don't like seeing him being given any credit for your hard work!
Old 10-06-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
This is a great list Glenjo! Isn't it amazing what you have discovered in such a short time?

For this one:

I see it as:

I am grateful to myself for realizing what an unhealthy relationship is so I can recognize it and choose a good one instead.

Just don't like seeing him being given any credit for your hard work!
I stand corrected! Thanks Trailmix.

I am grateful to myself for realizing what an unhealthy relationship is so I can recognize it and choose a good one instead!
😁
Old 10-06-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love this! What a terrific post!