Notices

Despondent with Business

Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Despondent with Business

Struggling to develop a new product line for business. Anyway had a bit of a panic anxiety attack about it earlier this afternoon. I suddenly thought about drinking but not about wanting a drink but rejecting it summarily with a picture of the mess it would leave me in.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
Struggling to develop a new product line for business. Anyway had a bit of a panic anxiety attack about it earlier this afternoon. I suddenly thought about drinking but not about wanting a drink but rejecting it summarily with a picture of the mess it would leave me in.
Completely understand that. Work stress is horrendous. I was self employed with over 60 staff. Drinking like a fish was the only way i coped with the stress of it all and in the end realised the best option was to sell up and opt for a different life. What strategies do you have to manage that work/life balance. You absolutely must make time for you and doing things that allow you to relax and recharge otherwise whats the point?

Well done for seeing the issue and posting in here. Stay strong...yet relaxed!
Old 10-04-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is called PROGRESS, well done!
Old 10-04-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope better days are ahead Gerard

D
Old 10-04-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good choice.

I can kinda relate. Had some major creative blockage going on. An article I was asked to publish should have taken me 3 hours to write, it took me 4 days. I definitely thought about drinking during the time.

Stick to it. The cork on your vision will eventually come loose and you'll see it. Sometimes these things have their own time table. Drinking certainly does nothing to help it really...

-B