Notices

Restless leg

Old 10-02-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Restless leg

Hi,
I’ve been experiencing a weird leg sensation in recovery (4 weeks). It’s only one leg and it’s not happening at night time/sleep. I just have this uncomfortable feeling that I have to stretch my leg or squirm. It’s not painful and I notice during more stressful times, it gets riled up. I’m thinking it might be due to the glutamate vs gaba imbalance of early recovery. Did any of you experience this and when do you think it subsided?

Thank you!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is called Restless Leg Syndrome, and I've been bothered with it for years. Sometimes it's better than others. I have tried many things but never really had success. For me, it's always at night-time so it can be quite a nuisance. If you google it, you will find tons of info.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh. Me too. It's sooo uncomfortable. My doctor put me on a low dose gabapentin extended release. That seems to be the standard for treating RLS now. In the past I tried requip but that didn't seem to help. I may not have given it long enough. Good luck to you. I hope it passes quickly.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had it for years too - a little tonic water can help me if it gets too bad - the quinine in it apparently.

D