Notices

I keep screwing up...

Old 10-01-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jon

I keep screwing up...

I just came back from my rehab for 6 months and I already started smoking pot and drinking almost getting into other drugs. I am disappointed in myself and my family has gotten suspicious of my behavior already. I've come so far only to give in, why can't I just say no? I'm so embarrassed I don't even want to go to NA or AA meeting. 6 months down the drain.( Also fearing the possibility of me being unable to say no). I know pride should not be an issue, but I'm not sure what else to do at this point and I can't show my face, it's written all over it that I'm still unhappy. I'm going to try and enroll in a gym tomorrow and get my med coverage and possibly see a therapist again. Failure is all I'm picturing of myself at the moment, and my anxiety is getting worse everyday since I left the facility. It was much easier in that bubble avoiding life's compromises but I was so sure freedom from addiction and my new life could no longer be an issue. I'm just hiding out in my room at the moment waiting for the affects of the alcohol to make it through my system, what do I do in the meantime though? Everyday is a challenge and I'm screwing this up pretty bad already...Thanks for letting me rant, I'm hope everyone is having a great day....
Old 10-01-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read a story on another forum where someone who had been sober for 14 years, slipped back. His story told me that this will be something we will deal with the rest of our lives, we all can fall back. You've stumbled, you probably learned in rehab about tools and resources you can use to get back on track. I would urge you to have faith in God and yourself. You can pick yourself from this setback and get back on the sober train! All is not lost here, you did make it through 6 months, you should be proud of that.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hollowx, this situation you are in is exactly why going back to AA or/and NA is a goodidea.
that is what it is there for.
joining a gym is also a good idea, but doesn't really offer a solution to your problem.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jon

I'll head down first thing in the morning to a meeting. There is one near my house I used to go to. Last time I went it wasn't that good of a meeting but maybe I can ask if there are other ones near the area. Stay connected...Find a sponsor and get some accountability.

Last edited by hollowx; 10-01-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 10-01-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you're going to head to a meeting tomorrow. What are you doing tonight?
Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jon

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Glad you're going to head to a meeting tomorrow. What are you doing tonight?
I'm just here chatting away with you all tonight. Playing my video games...
Old 10-01-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's not easy but it is simple. In order to stay sober, you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jon

wow powerful words yo. Have to want to be sober more than want to drink. I'm gonna borrow that quote if you don't mind. It's very inspiring..
Old 10-01-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I did not come up with that myself. That was very often said by our beloved CarolD, who passed several years ago. I miss her wisdom and wit. Rest in peace Carol. We love you.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

how is today going or you, hollowx?