Notices

Day 1 Once Again

Old 09-30-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 Once Again

I have been battling this thing for over 3 years now so I might not should post in newcomers. Lord knows I am no newcomer to this. This time dosent feel different. It just feels the same. I know what I need to do and wish it wasnt so difficult. I have to make a plan that is more than just not consuming alcohol. That always leads to “a few” and well you all know where that leads.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are posting....and in Newcomers. This sub gets the most activity so makes good sense to post here. And the super new peeps can see that struggling, while a serious bummer, is normal.

Addiction is completely baffling. There is no 1/2 in on either side of the coin. You can do this.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BD- keep posting. Post until you have blisters....read, share- learn. Join lots of threads. Get involved.
Support to you.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Bd,

It took a major life scare that had prolonged....still feeling jacked up now at times....effects to scare me into getting this clean.

If that didn't happen, I would still be a drunk.

Others have ways to make it clean without fear as the motivation, but not me.

As my health increases, I crave. But, now I have some clean time and I have a sober routine that gets me to bed each night sober.

I had a dream last night that I drank. It was so real. In the dream I thought...I am never going to make it to 2 straight years clean. Thank God it was only a nightmare.

That is what drinking has become to me. A nightmare.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it. Keep posting and take care of yourself. There is a ton of helpful info on here to read. It does start to get easier and plan is essential. It took me reaching out for more support before I really felt like I was making head way in recovery. xxx
Old 09-30-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

You’re not alone, I’ve also tried many, many times. Maybe have a deep think about what your triggers are, and what you can learn from each time you slip.

Keep reading and posting. You won’t be judged here by any means. But you will see yourself in other peoples posts, and find hope that there is light at the end.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't quit quitting--replan to strengthen your weak spots, and keep trying.

It will eventually stick
Old 09-30-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Day one in the books almost. I cooked and relaxed. Hope you all have a great evening.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

same to you BD
Old 09-30-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey BD - welcome back

What kinds of things have you been doing to stay sober? Maybe we can help with a few more suggestions?

D
Old 09-30-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to see you, BD. This can be the time you get free.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dee, yesterday I just didnt drink and stayed busy. So nice to be at my desk feeling good on a monday again!

I am going to call my counselor this morning and schedule a weekly time slot with him until I can get a handle on this. The AV tells me its ok to have a few and fit in but I can consume half of what I used to be fine with and blackout now. I have a good life and got to approach this thing from a mental health standpoint this time and do it for me not others.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BD84 View Post
I have been battling this thing for over 3 years now so I might not should post in newcomers. Lord knows I am no newcomer to this. This time dosent feel different. It just feels the same. I know what I need to do and wish it wasnt so difficult. I have to make a plan that is more than just not consuming alcohol. That always leads to “a few” and well you all know where that leads.
I joined this site in 2012, and made my first serious attempt at sobriety with the October 2012 class. Today I am celebrating two years and nine months sobriety. I came back to Newcomers each time, and when I joined the January 2016 class I finally made sobriety stick. Read, post, join the October class. You can do this!!!
Old 10-01-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're right, your plan needs to include more than just not drinking. Your plan has to include ways to help you feel happy and fulfilled in your life. You can do this!