Notices

Peoples time.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Peoples time.

One of the worst traits about being a drunk is not caring about other peoples time. I planned my whole Sunday around one person and they texted me and said they weren't feeling well. It would be one thing if they actually weren't but when I left their house yesterday they had already been drinking for a while. I probably should've known. It sucks cause I work six days a week and was looking forward to today. But life goes on. I'll spend my nice fall day sober as a judge and not worry about ****** things I have done to people.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh. I was that drunk, Accord. I would make plans with friends, and honestly and sincerely look forward to seeing them and spending time with them, but the beast often got the better of me, and I'd wind up cancelling or postponing dates...so often that it annoyed my friends. I can only say please don't take it personally. I'm sure your friend was looking forward to the day with you as much as you were and is probably feeling just as dismayed -- or worse -- than you do about his/her behavior.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was that drunk too. Sigh. Obviously it's nothing to do with you Accord.

I always knew how flakey I was being, and how I was wasting people's time and damaging my reputation, but couldn't seem to help myself: I'd want to be 'normal' and able to carry out basic social functions so would keep 'setting myself up' - for failure really. Sobriety first, then social life...

Sorry for the frustration you're going through dealing with it. It's infuriating. From both sides.