Notices

Feeling a great natural high

Old 09-29-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling a great natural high

No alcohol, no substances, no addictions of any kind to make me feel this way. Just a feeling of peace and well being all because of my sobriety.

My sober app reminded me I am 1year, 8 months and 8 hours sober today. I started going through a rough patch a few months ago. Things have settled down and I have come out the other side with my sobriety intact. I feel stronger because of it.

SR has really helped me through this time. I will keep checking in here regularly, keep practicing gratitude, keep living fearlessly accepting all of my feelings instead of escaping from them, and keep recognizing my power to choose my responses to what happens.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for your inspiring post! Makes me definitely want what you have. Congratulations on your time! 🤗
Old 09-29-2018, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post! I'm glad you're doing so well.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for an inspiring message. I especially like your signature line about gratitude.

If you have no other religion, make it gratitude.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful stuff. Congrats and thank you for sharing.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, Fearless. It's a beautiful feeling, that natural high--high on life itself.
I began cycling a lot when I became sober 2 years, 9 months ago--I had to since I'd wrecked my car-- but the silver lining of no car was losing 50 lbs and gaining low blood pressure, endurance and good health. (I'm 58, and can't remember feeling any better.) There is nothing like the natural endorphin high after a good, long ride.
1 year and 8 months is a huge achievement; I'm glad you got over the rough patch and stayed strong and sober. Wishing you all the best in your continuing sobriety.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chung View Post
Thank you for your inspiring post! Makes me definitely want what you have. Congratulations on your time! 🤗
You can get there. One day at a time!
Old 09-30-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
Thank you, Fearless. It's a beautiful feeling, that natural high--high on life itself.
I began cycling a lot when I became sober 2 years, 9 months ago--I had to since I'd wrecked my car-- but the silver lining of no car was losing 50 lbs and gaining low blood pressure, endurance and good health. (I'm 58, and can't remember feeling any better.) There is nothing like the natural endorphin high after a good, long ride.
1 year and 8 months is a huge achievement; I'm glad you got over the rough patch and stayed strong and sober. Wishing you all the best in your continuing sobriety.
Thank you. And that’s really great to hear about your weight loss and improved health too!