Sanity

Old 09-28-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sanity

I just got back from 5 days holiday...just me and my dog. Left AH at home to do whatever he pleased. I had the most fantastic time....longs walks in beautiful surroundings, and it has put everything in perspective. As long as he doesn't become violent he can do whatever he wants including drinking. Im going to put all my efforts into my needs from now on. Another break away booked for end of October.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Kudos!! If you need it, leave in between also. Whatever it takes.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This inspires me thank you!
Old 09-29-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnrising View Post
This inspires me thank you!
Trust me...it is so uplifting!! X
Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Kudos!! If you need it, leave in between also. Whatever it takes.
Yes...he can pay the mortgage leaving me more money to do things l want to do 😁
Old 09-29-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The final year I was with my AXH I went on three solo vacations and one with my daughter... I come to realize that I could be very happy doing things on my own, plus while I was doing those things alone, I wasn't dealing with his chaos. He even said to me when we are breaking up, "It feels really s***ty you have to go on vacations to get away from me"... wasn't long after that it became a permanent solution for me.

Enjoy that alone time!
Old 09-29-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
The final year I was with my AXH I went on three solo vacations and one with my daughter... I come to realize that I could be very happy doing things on my own, plus while I was doing those things alone, I wasn't dealing with his chaos. He even said to me when we are breaking up, "It feels really s***ty you have to go on vacations to get away from me"... wasn't long after that it became a permanent solution for me.

Enjoy that alone time!
I will. I have been going on holidays with friends or just my dog for a few years now...just because he wasn't keen on doing long countryside walks etc..but now l can see that he was probably loving each time l went away (he even paid for a couple of the breaks) as it gave him free reign to do what he needs to do. The way l see it...it works for us both. Thank goodness l am independent and confident enough to take myself off to these places...last week l drove and stayed 150 miles away which is the furthest i have ever gone from home. I came back a different person...before l went l was a wreck...breaking down at work etc...but now, l don't actually give a s**t 😊 l used to be agoraphobic so this was a huge achievement for me!
Old 10-01-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bravo!
Old 10-10-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Awal,

Maybe simply let your own words and healthy inner instincts guide you?

You've got this. (((hugs)))

If you lose touch with that, maybe just a mini-break outside in nature, away from the chaos, will help bring clarity.

This isn't about making decisions for a lifetime. It's simply taking care of this one day at a time.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes Mango...nature helps. Roll on my break into the country...just my dog and me...only 2 weeks to wait! Bring it on...