Notices

Feelings v Emotions

Old 09-26-2018, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feelings v Emotions

Every thought about the difference between feelings and emotions.
Quite tricky to differentiate.
Attached Images
Old 09-27-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

bit small for me to read Gerard - have you got a bigger version?

D
Old 09-27-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

https://www.laughteronlineuniversity...s-vs-emotions/

Can't post picture any bigger, but table is in the link and this is an interesting read.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very interesting Gerard. Thanks for posting.

I have a real struggle with bringing my cognitive world in line with/synch with my emotional world. I can be very cerebral about stuff that is very powerful and emotional and feel very little while I'm there. Or I'm highly emotional and seem to be unable to be at all cognitive while in that state. Its rough. So I'm always trying to figure that out......
Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Gerard, this helped clarify my thoughts about this topic.

I had come to the conclusion that thoughts affect emotions and vice versa, but it's feelings that I was really thinking of.

Emotions affect thoughts, which affect feelings. If you are aware of this process you can start to understand why you feel a certain way and begin to gain more control of your thoughts and feelings. Brilliant! but hard to master I'm sure...

This sort of stuff should be taught to kids as they grow. I think it would make for much more stable adults.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing! I loved the line about everything we will ever experience is just a bunch of thoughts and a few physical reactions. I can totally handle that!! 💪😌

For me it is tough to remember that I control my mood. When I’m down (usually feelings related) I tend to wallow there and it never helps. This is inspiring and a good reminder.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

I see feelings a lot differently than the person who wrote this. That's what makes life interesting. Seeing things differently, the fluidity and changes in nature and life.

A native friend of mine tells a story passed down from his grandfather of many different animals and the different viewpoints they have, such as a field mouse, a moose, eagle, and as people we get to sometimes have these different views as we move through life.

As I learn to sit with my feelings and get in touch with my emotions, they can guide me in healthy ways. I can also learn how to guide them. That what I feel with my heart has great connections to everything in my life. This can be helpful or hurtful. I get to choose my actions, and my actions influence my feelings.

Like this article, I came across another recently that also had lists of feelings/emotions. Increasing my emotional vocabulary is another great recovery tool, any way it's approached.