One year - name 5 good things

Old 09-25-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

One year - name 5 good things

Name 5 good things that happened in your life this past year.

1. I've learned more about my authentic self.

2. I've really been enjoying bulletproof coffee.

3. I'm trusting my instincts.

4. I'm completely enjoying time with DS11. Little, everyday things are great fun. Vacation time even better.

5. Kid & I adopted our border collie puppy! She'll be a year old next month. How long is she considered a puppy?
Old 09-25-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to reflect
- got back driver's license (went cold-t, seizures 6y ago, auto cancel- NOT driving at the time), bought a good - old car- and drive a lot now in beautiful nature settings to connect with life and get 'inspiration' for art

- After 7 moves in 2.5y, now have good- long term housing

- Cognitive and physical condition has improved and stabilized since near fatal burns 3y ago (booze related)

- found art- as a means of exploring emotions- now in a Bachelor of Visual Arts to learn art with rules

- 2.5y sober...the first from my foo going back in time to do so for many decades.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

-Had my first girls trip to Vegas!!!
-So far have passed my classes for college inching closer to graduating
-Separated all mine and STBAXH bills.
-Focusing on my own needs and wants for the first time in 14 years
-Paid off my car
Old 09-25-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Started a new job at a company whose culture I love and I work with people I like and respect (well, most of them anyway).

Left my boyfriend and started completely new all over again after 3 years with him and I feel great!

Watched my best friend get married after a 4 year struggle in a long distance relationship and now they're together forever and my heart is so full!

Starting my exams for my next round of certifications for work

Started working out more and lifting weights to cross train my yoga and cardio and I feel a lot more energy, despite how much work it is, lol.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

1. I'm happier and this is becoming more steady and consistent. I'm recognizing and acknowledging the good, healthy feelings I have.

2. I'm able to recognize, acknowledge and release fear, anger and grief on a regular basis. I allow awareness of my feelings and have new skills in letting go of the ones I don't need. Sometimes fear or anger can help me move forward and need healthy expressions. They aren't something I want to keep with me very long.

3. I've made huge strides in dealing with my food issues.

4. I'm having more fun, meditating more, doing less and yet accomplishing more. I love how this works!!

5. I'm enjoying "adulting" and single-parenting. Paying bills, making plans and making decisions are becoming easier and much more fun.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Started working as an independent real estate ages after 20 years of corporate misery. Challenging and stressful, but rewarding and exciting. Mostly my own boss now, and working with people instead of numbers, which I'm much better at.

Saw one of my favorite musicians, Steven Wilson, three times in three different cities in California, going to three shows in three different cities in Australia at the end of the month.

Did Soberchella and realized I preferred Coachella without any substances vs. my usual low dose polypharmocology and high dose drinking. I was so sick in 2017, it was right before rehab.

Admitted the full extant of my gayness and started dating again, instead of drinking to avoid the whole subject.

Lost 55 pounds, maintaining a rigorous weight training program, gained muscle, feeling great!
Old 10-10-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

5 things..erm

1. Travelled extensively in Europe. Had an absolute blast. Made loads of friends and saw some stunning places.
2. Seen my son blossom in ways I never imagined.
3. Got a marriage proposal but......
4. Decided I love being single.
5. Got another cat. She is lovely and blends well with our other 3.

I could go on but you asked for 5
Old 10-11-2018, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

1. I have rejoined SR after 2 years of posting then disappearing due to AH finding my post (HopeJoy)

2. I have come to terms with my situation and started to make plans to move out

3. I have a great job and they know what's going on at home

4. I am getting healthier

5. We live in a beautiful part of the world
Old 10-13-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

1. Learned a lot about this stupid disease and how I need to put my needs first.

2. Forged ahead with my plan to be completely independent no matter what: Got an important professional credential which led to a new opportunity I will be starting soon that will open doors for the rest of my career.

3. Successfully finished two terms in my MBA program; 4 classes plus a final project left to go.

4. Was given a gigantic destructo horse puppy, which I have wanted for several years now, for my birthday.

5. Watched as my recovering alcoholic/addict husband low-key celebrated a year of sobriety. This time last year I was still barely functioning and completely reeling as he was off to California for rehab for two months after I discovered he had been secretly getting drunk every day/taking what he could get his hands on.

Feels good that I put #5 last, although it is not the least important good thing that happened in the last year, not by any means. It's just the one that is the least about me, know what I mean? I'm proud of him and he's doing great, but that is HIS DEAL.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

1. I got tenure at a job I absolutely love.

2. My daughter started calling me "momma."

3. I avoided a relationship with a controlling narcissist. My younger self would have jumped right in, ignoring all red flags in the name of "love."

4. I developed a much closer, more honest relationship with my mother who has been basically helping me co-parent my daughter.

5. I was chosen to be a part of a "dream team" at my gym for running an 8-minute mile and doing 41 sit-ups in 60 seconds. I was never athletic as a child, and I even weighed over 200 pounds in my 20s. Now that I'm pushing 40, I'm in the greatest shape of my life.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

1. Paid for my divorce -- all of it. Now have total control over my finances, even if they are not where I want them to be, I am making slow improvements.
2. Cleaned out my closet. I noticed that a lot of my clothes were making me depressed because I associated them with my ex. Slowly cleaning out every inch of my living space. Burnt white sage incense.
3. Got (more) work! Dipped my toes into the employment market again... something I thought I could never do.
4. Bought a new bed. A beautiful, comfortable, bed with a new mattress.
5. Learning how to drive!