Dodger Game tomorrow. . .

Old 09-21-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dodger Game tomorrow. . .

I'm excited to get out of town for a bit with my boys and parents to attend a Dodger game in LA tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting a break from being around town dealing with STBAXH and all of his foolery. So far been a peaceful week for my boys and me. My X hasn't tried to reach out to me this week since the issues last weekend (thank goodness, I hope it stays this way).

DS11 had parent/teacher conference this week. He is doing great. He is currently taking Honor classes and received four A's and two B's. I'm so very proud of him. Despite everything that has been going on he is excelling in school. DS7 is having parent/teacher conference in a few weeks so hopefully I get a good report on him as well.

Despite many positives this week I am nervous about tomorrow. DS7 has catechism again I just hope that my X or his lady friend aren't lurking around there anywhere (it's my weekend). I know that I can't control it but I just want to be left alone by both. I asked DS11 teacher if his father tried to setup a parent/teacher with her this week. His teacher said no. I feel like he makes a big huff and puff about him having his "rights" as their father but really does nothing to contribute to both of their education, religious up bringing or medical care.

Asking for prayers that I have a peaceful weekend please : )

#onedayatatime
Old 09-21-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Sounds like fun!

I love going to ball games. We have minor league here. A Dodger's game sounds like a great experience!

Have you learned any techniques for letting go of past days/events/situations? As I implement these on a regular basis, I find more of them to use.

One I use often:

Write down what happened, without emotion. Bare facts only. Say out loud/prayer to God that I'm releasing it and moving forward. Then burn it or tear it into tiny pieces.

Then write down some healthy positive goals, like having fun, embracing joy, providing a safe environment for kids, etc. Again, say out loud/prayer to God that I'm releasing these also. Sometimes I burn these, put them in a God box or keep in an inspired place. I have no idea why, but the pocket behind the driver's seat in my car holds a few very special ones.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Sounds like fun!

I love going to ball games. We have minor league here. A Dodger's game sounds like a great experience!

Have you learned any techniques for letting go of past days/events/situations? As I implement these on a regular basis, I find more of them to use.

One I use often:

Write down what happened, without emotion. Bare facts only. Say out loud/prayer to God that I'm releasing it and moving forward. Then burn it or tear it into tiny pieces.

Then write down some healthy positive goals, like having fun, embracing joy, providing a safe environment for kids, etc. Again, say out loud/prayer to God that I'm releasing these also. Sometimes I burn these, put them in a God box or keep in an inspired place. I have no idea why, but the pocket behind the driver's seat in my car holds a few very special ones.
Thank you Mango. I am going to try that.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Life is filled with beauty and is meant to be enjoyed.

The chaos of alcoholism may try to tell us otherwise, but we get to choose our own perspectives and experiences. Joy can be a part of small and big everyday moments, even when we have pain. At an Al-anon meeting one day it was brought up that these two strong emotions can co-exist. I relate to that. They don't always, yet they can. It's okay to have joy even as we're processing pain.

With anger and happiness, I only feel one of those at a time and have to make choice. Now I'm often able to acknowledge anger and put it aside until I have time to let it out in constructive ways. Progress, not perfection. Sometimes it still comes out sideways.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Life is filled with beauty and is meant to be enjoyed.

The chaos of alcoholism may try to tell us otherwise, but we get to choose our own perspectives and experiences. Joy can be a part of small and big everyday moments, even when we have pain. At an Al-anon meeting one day it was brought up that these two strong emotions can co-exist. I relate to that. They don't always, yet they can. It's okay to have joy even as we're processing pain.

With anger and happiness, I only feel one of those at a time and have to make choice. Now I'm often able to acknowledge anger and put it aside until I have time to let it out in constructive ways. Progress, not perfection. Sometimes it still comes out sideways.
Right now I can only take it day by day. Sometimes when I'm feeling at my worst moment by moment. But after all this turmoil and chaos I've been dealing with I can still find the positives in each day. Angry does consume me at times but I'm learning ways on how to cope and express myself properly with the advice and guidance from everyone on this forum : )
Old 09-21-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun!

One I use often:

I tried the write and burn with both of my sons. We each wrote our bad feelings on a piece of paper (anger, hurt, pain, sadness). Folded the paper so no one saw what the other person wrote. Then I burned each paper.

My boys harbor alot of sadness because of divorce and angry towards their father.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thinking of you. Many blessings for today and the rest of this weekend!
Old 09-22-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thinking of you. Many blessings for today and the rest of this weekend!
Dodgers won 2-7! It was a great game!
Old 09-24-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you went and got to have some much needed fun!!!

My XAH is the same. He makes big statements about his rights, but when it comes to being involved in school/church/classes...nothing. Which I am grateful for.

I hope you have a peaceful week!