Notices

Day one

Old 09-19-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one

I’ve almost made it through this hellish day one. The vomiting is done. But the shakes and sweat and still going strong. I hope I am able to make it to a meeting tomorrow but right now this is too bad. I’m going to continue to check in on here. I never want to feel like this again.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi kiki, looks like you joined this forum in 2011, so it sounds like you've been dealing with this for some time. I hope you can make this your last day 1. Once you do, I think you will be thankful. I know I was.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kiki,

Welcome back, and good for you for getting through Day 1. Stay close, we do understand how hard this is.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi kiki, looks like you joined this forum in 2011, so it sounds like you've been dealing with this for some time. I hope you can make this your last day 1. Once you do, I think you will be thankful. I know I was.
I have, I have had three years of sobriety before this relapse, and convinced my self I could drink again. Here we are a year later and I’ve hit the worst bottom yet. My husband has taken the children and left. I never thought I could be so low. I have to do this for me, and my family.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kiki26 View Post
I have, I have had three years of sobriety before this relapse, and convinced my self I could drink again. Here we are a year later and I’ve hit the worst bottom yet. My husband has taken the children and left. I never thought I could be so low. I have to do this for me, and my family.
This just breaks my heart. Praying for you and your family. Keep posting and don’t pick up that first drink.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey kiki. Stay strong. You will feel a little better tomorrow and even better on the third day. Rest and water always seem to help me.

I also had some sober time and recently gave in to the point of losing loved ones. I'm certain many here can relate. What is important is that you get yourself and your habits in order and then begin to rebuild your life. You can do it, provided you are consistent. Same with everybody here. Today is almost over, and tomorrow you can focus on tomorrow. And so on. Stay strong and remember to post here whenever you need support!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day one sucks donkey b***s. Hang in there. You can do this!!! You really, really can. Sending you hugs and love and light and thoughts of every good thing!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kiki - Thankfully this early misery will end, and you'll be on your way to a better life. I was sober 3 yrs. once & decided I could have 'a glass' of wine. Years later, I finally got up the courage to get free of it again. I was in terrible debt, had angered everyone I knew, was completely unhinged. I knew I could never go back to it again in a moment of weakness - it would mean death for me. You will make it through these awful early days. You're never alone - we're with you.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about whats happened with your family Kiki but I'm really glad you made it back.

Whats the plan?

D
Old 09-19-2018, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about whats happened with your family Kiki but I'm really glad you made it back.

Whats the plan?

D
I am glad I did too. Once these horrible withdrawals are over, I plan to start AA. Get a sponsor, get back into counseling and get my life back. Also post here daily for support. I’ve been a secret drinker so I also told my closets friends what I have been doing. I need to stop living in secrecy. And need all the support i can get!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hope you made it through today ok, kiki. Things will begin to improve. Thinking of you.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Heya KK, glad you are back...my prayers and support to you and your family. Keep posting. If you start getting bad with the w/d- please see a doc.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The worst is over, as far as w/d went. I’m still shakey and can’t eat a Ton. But I made it through, day three here!
Old 09-21-2018, 01:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hooray, Kiki! Glad you are here and hope you can make it work for good this time.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kiki!