Notices

Week 7

Old 09-06-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 7

Week 7 completed. No particular action just not drinking.

Joined a group that plays bridge in a local pub. Over 12 people play and between them 3.5 pints and a glass of wine were drunk. Curious that it can take someone 2 hours to drink a pint. Anyway no temptation for me whatsoever I had soda water lime.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It takes my wife an hour or two to finish a drink, when I was drinking I'd finish all her drinks for her (I never realized this until we started going out sober and she's leaving half drank drinks everywhere).

That said I learned that I have to say no if she wishes to stick around for "one more" as that could leave us in the bar until closing time.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My drinking had completely warped my own sense of what's normal and what isn't. I sued to think that going out and drinking 5+ drinks or more, basically drinking to the point of sloppiness, was "normal." Long story short, my spouse drinks 4-5 drinks per year, and can take an hour to finish one of them. That's closer to normal than what I was doing.

It's actually been very eye-opening and empowering for me to discover what normal really is. Because if it's normal to drink rarely, and to fall asleep sober, and to have fun sober, then I can do those things too.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Grard

D