Notices

Day 3 is always my worst day

Old 09-05-2018, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 is always my worst day

I'm at day 3, this always seems to be my worst day for caving in. It's like I reward myself or that it's "ok" as I've had the recommended alcohol free days that the health service suggest so it's fine.

Anyway I think I mentally have a new resolve. I've got myself all worried too as I've had a pain in my side for a few days, I think I've probably just pulled a muscle but I'm then thinking it's my liver. I've woken up this morning and it's gone but it's given me a wake up call that drinking like this is not good for my health.

I'm going out this morning then will be home by lunchtime and staying in from then so as to avoid the going past the local shop habit and will have an early dinner.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Longlady - Days 3-5 are normally a little rough, but they do pass. I think you might find the recommended gap in drinking that you mention, is for people who don't have a problem.
Hang in there - your body is healing and I guess it's why people stay in detox a week - the first week is the worst - for sure that was always my experience.
Stay strong - it's worth it
Old 09-05-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Take it an hour at a time, you can do this! I used to get to around day 3-4 and “forget” how bad drinking was for me. I’d think “hey, I am fine, I will just have a glass and leave it at that, I’ve got this and I know I have a problem but I am aware and all I need to do is have one glass and leave the rest, I can do this”. Needless to say I never stuck to one or sometimes maybe I would be lucky and just have one which fooled my mind into thinking I was in control but the next day I would be bang at it with full force.

Post, distract yourself and be kind to yourself! You sound very determined and it does get better I promise! Keep fighting, you got this! xx
Old 09-05-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi LongLady

I feel for you . I was in your situation just a couple of days ago and I can tell you , if I can do it , so can you. I was so scared to quit , scared how bad my withdrawls were going to be , and convinced that I would NEVER stick it out even for 1 day.

I agree with the advice that MantaLady gave you. Take it one hour at a time and try to change your usual routine - and remember to eat !!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The first couple of weeks are tough but try to remember that voice you are hearing is lying to you. That's why you are here! It's amazing how quickly the desire comes back when we start feeling better.

Find lots of things to do to distract yourself and maybe do a little writing about your drinking. I found that writing letters to myself, detailing what i was experiencing, especially in the first few days really helped motivate me to keep going. You can do it! xx
Old 09-05-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm driving home now. I'm going straight home and no stopping at the shop. I want to but I'm not going to. I'll check in later.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Came home, cooked dinner and I'm fine. I did have cravings but you know what I got through them. I've got a bit of a headache this evening but I assume that's probably because I've not had a drink.

My first post was in June so three months ago and I keep having false starts but to get through today was a big step for me as I had no reason not to drink today other than my decision not to. Usually I wouldn't because I had something to do in the morning that involved driving but my evening and tomorrow morning are free which meant I would have normally thought might as well get a bottle.

So today is done and tomorrow is a new day which I again plan to be sober.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great news Longlady! One more day in the bag! I know how hard it must have been, either working from home or knowing I didn’t have to drive next day would always be an excuse to hit the vino too, excellent that you stood strong! xx.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Long,

Those little relapses are exactly how I was in the end. Careful, because the binge drinking did a number on my brain before I quit finally.

I just had to suffer. I am craving a bit now, but I won't drink,ever again.

All of the repercussions, lies, sickness, sleep damage etc etc etc etc etc....are not worth my mental and physical health.

You can see in my history my longest stretch has been about 14 months without a snort.

1 shot a year shouldn't mean much...right?...

But it does to me..... and it does to SR.

SR holds me accountable. That is its job.

It gets easier, but the crave is for life.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through longlady

D
Old 09-05-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you got through it LL, And guess what. You never have to do another day 3 ever again. Long as you don't drink.

BB